By ScaryBears - 09/10/2012 01:51 - United States - Trumbull

Today, I went out and made build-a-bears that looked like my daughter and her new boyfriend. It turns out she had been insisting that I didn't for a good reason; upon sight of his, her boyfriend screamed and fled the house. Turns out he was nearly mauled to death by a bear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 161
You deserved it 32 720

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

Why would you continue with a gift idea when someone is telling you not to? Granted, you could not have known the bear mauling bit. However, you seem like one of those annoying gift givers that buy things according to what YOU think a person should have.

nothing92x 13

I'm guessing OP couldn't bear the thought of not making the Teddy for both of them.

Comments

You should declare who your protagonists are... I have no idea what this FML is about and I'm too lazy to try to figure it out.

TahoeFMler 22

So hopefully today you relearned (from kindergarten) to be a good listener. Definitely not an FML. Also, if your daughter is old enough for a boyfriend, why would you think she even wants teddy bears???

TahoeFMler 22

Wow! So anyway, I said, hope OP remembers kindergarten and puts on her listening ears... And if the daughter is old enough for a boyfriend, would she really even want a teddy bear?

TahoeFMler 22

Sorry, issues. $1 to anyone who can tell me how to delete this!

You can't. Do I still get that dollar?

lakotalife 5

If someone doesn't want a gift, don't get it for them! It's as simple as that. Sorry OP but you deserved that one.

laxman_tim 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
iiDangerCloseBK 6

You get mauled by a bear and then come back and tell us that again.

21 You're an idiot. Don't call people ******* because they've gone through traumatic experiences. I lost part of my calf to a dog, and almost a year later I still have trouble with some dogs. Does that make me a pussy? Seriously, show some class. Unless that's really difficult for you. In that case, just go ahead being an ignorant ass. See how far that gets you.

55 you still have trouble with some dogs (justifiably) but you did not say you have trouble with stuffed dogs. A teddy bear and a real bear are nothing alike. OP's daughters boyfriend is way overreacting.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I disagree entirely. If there's enough psychological damage, a trigger can be something as simple as a likeness. It depends entirely on the makeup of the individual. I'd never make the assumption of assuming he was a pussy without having had a few rounds with him. I'm not saying he's NOT a pussy, I just don't think that judgement should be passed. Only he really knows how scarred he is from it.

I agree with 71. My stepdad and my mom have PTSD. From different events in their lives of course, but still. The boyfriend could have PTSD from the bear mauling and seriously, who died and made you people god, huh? What right do you have to criticize someone for being afraid of something? It's okay to judge, just don't say it allowed because you could really hurt someone. Think about how you would feel if you were mauled by a bear. Think about how you would feel if anything remotely alike to a bear scared the living daylights out of you. You wouldn't like it. Give the boyfriend some credit for not being afraid to share his emotions. It's hard sometimes. All in all, I agree with 71.

I think that you are wrong on that... I have a friend that had a tree fall on him... took him completely by surprise... now he is afraid that trees are going to fall on him. he's almost paranoid of them.

If you we're ******* almost mauled to death by a bear you would probibaly be scared too

laxman_tim 7

Thank you, there is nothing scary about a stuffed bear

laxman_tim 7

You people are way too over sensitive it was a stuffed bear grow a pair and don't be afraid of a stuffed animal

kdog333 1

i think you need to double check that grammar...

u couldn't have guessed this OP but u kind of deserved it. if ur daughter told u not to go through with the idea u should have trusted her enough to understand there was a reason behind. what if u had made it and they had just broken up? it would have been a painful reminder to her, or in this case he has a phobia of bears for a good reason.

kennaem1 11

Is it really that hard to spell out "you" and "you're"?

#85 *your. If you're going to correct the use of you, your and you're, then you need to know the difference.

TahoeFMler 22

If she's old enough for a boyfriend, would she even want a teddy bear? And perhaps OP needs to remember her listening eats from grade school...

Me and my boyfriend got teddy bears at build-a-bear and I'm 18..... Actually I got a cheetah he got a panda bear ..... Don't judge... Lol.

I agree 29! Although you and your boyfriend made them whilst OPs mum did theirs, I find that slightly weird. Plus in the fml it says NEW boyfriend, am I the only that thinks this is a bit strange?

I would totally ask my mum for a build-bear regardless of my age. My boyfriend… he'd probably just shake his head and laugh at me until he realized it's sharing the bed with us.

How could you not deserve it? Yes, your sister should have been more specific but if she says no you have to respect that. I would say FHL or getting attacked by a bear.

BreeannHatesYou 4