By Anonymous - 09/11/2013 05:17 - United States - Lake Forest

Today, I went on what I thought was a date. After a wonderful night with a perfect gentleman, he told me how excited he is that he's moving in with his girlfriend next week, and thanked me for reassuring him that he doesn't want anyone but her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 331
You deserved it 3 922

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Welp, just cross him off the list. Luckily you only wasted one date with him. It wasn't polite what he did, but at least he didn't lead you on.

Tell his girlfriend you went on a date. It's only fair.

Comments

FezzesAreCool 18

Why would someone even do something like that

I know it sucks for you but try and reframe and think of it this way, you helped someone out who may have been having doubts about their relationship and in turn their relationship might have gotten stronger. Yes, the way he did it might not have been the most upfront and honest but I also think he didn't mean for it to be malicious in his intent.

Oh, come on, it was just an excuse. I can't imagine that somebody would date a person other than their SO and honestly believe they are just reassuring themselves. It's a poor justification for what is, in fact, cheating.

Didn't think of it that way, but your comment made me laugh. :)

wow that sucks well atleast you can cross him off your list... how did you not know he had a girlfriend? sorry op fyl

I know when I was dating I asked if he had a girlfriend every time I dated someone new. Dates are usually where you get to know someone, so not knowing would be perfectly normal.

SaoriKichi 4

What a douchebag. I'm sorry OP, that just sucks.

jenevil27 9

Wow, thats really low. Low enough to tell his girlfriend everything!