This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Over hereyy - 08/10/2017 23:15

Today, I went on a date after recently quitting drinking. As she was sucking down cocktails, she decided to lecture me on how bad the diet coke was for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 157
You deserved it 284

Top comments

"Tea is bad for your lungs", a smoker once lessoned me.

Congrats on quitting drinking! She's in no condition to lecture or judge you. You enjoy your diet Coke. It's a lot better than the crap she's drinking!

Comments

"Tea is bad for your lungs", a smoker once lessoned me.

I really want to know the reasoning they had now

really_dad? 14

Tell her when her liver heals she can lecture you

Congrats on quitting drinking! She's in no condition to lecture or judge you. You enjoy your diet Coke. It's a lot better than the crap she's drinking!

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Actually most alcoholic beverages are more healthy than coke or even diet coke. If you wanna drink sth healthy I'd redommend water.

I've had that said to me from overweight/obese people. I'm a healthy skinny weight. I've also have been obese before losing the weight. The tape worm......... Don't even get me started with that sh!t.

So you're only skinny because you got a tapeworm? Not because you actually worked off the weight yourself? That's like getting liposuction and lecturing fat people how unhealthy they are.

Mathalamus 24

She does have a point. Diet Coke is actually bad for you. Good job in quitting deathsticks.

Diet Coke isn’t that great though. It has aspartame in it, a vertical unhealthy ingredient

Actually, not anymore. Coca Cola revamped their diet soda products to no longer have aspartame.

How did the word vertical get in there? I don’t even remember seeing that

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Well depending on what is in those cocktails she may be drinking sth more healthy (and by more healthy I mean less likely to make you sick) than you. But regardless, congrats on you quitting alcohol

Lobby_Bee 17

Go for mocktails next time, on paper it's better than diet coke.

Drinking diet coke is as bad for you as sticking to the sidewalk. It's not the thing that ends up killing you. So enjoy you diet coke while you can son.