By lamesauce - 15/02/2009 10:32 - Canada

Today, I went on a coffee date with a guy I'm interested in. He picked up his phone mid-date to finalize dinner plans with another girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 836
You deserved it 3 051

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess he didn't realize that you two were on a date. That, or the dinner plans were just between him and a friend... not a date between them.

just because he's on a date with you, it doesn't mean yiu two are in a committed relationship. its just one date but I do like how you said you are interested in him not "in love" with him (directed towards anyone who posts first date FMLs)

Comments

yep exactly. he is just being manipulative.

benny2465 0

op is too paranoid, there probably just friends, or he's not untreated in you at all

homesticker69 0

How did you find this out? Do you read people's texts? What the hell man.

Just because they aren't in a committed relationship doesn't mean he could just finalize dinner plans in front of her. You're not even suppose to touch your phone on a date. Plus she didn't say he was texting. Maybe he was talking on the phone about his date.

Definitely improper date etiquette, but as far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't be a huge discouragement to you if it's only your first date. Keep it up! Though, if you feel like he is a trashy character or gets around a bit, there is plenty of reason to ditch him!