By sarahh38 - 16/09/2009 18:23 - Canada

Today, I went on a blind date. We had agreed on meeting in front of a park. Thinking I was there first, I texted her "I'm already there, sitting next to the fat chick." I heard a beep. SHE was the "fat chick." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 165
You deserved it 105 504

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if that wasn't her, did you think insulting somebody would make you look cool?

You're an ass. Even if she wasn't fat, she probably would have found that offensive. You should've just told her that you were there. If you weren't attracted to her, you aren't obligated to make a second date but you don't have to be rude.

Comments

ZeroCharisma 0

Assuming this is true, you're an idiot for insulting a female when on a blind date with a female. Guys who are mean and critical are a huge turnoff, period.

Calling women, 'females', is a major turnoff. We're not animals, you know. I'm not a feminist.. but that really rubs me the wrong way when males call us that.

moonlight_daze 8

Actually, female humans (female **** sapiens) ARE animals. Fail. And no, I'm not the slightest bit offended by you referring to me as "male". I am male. Why would I be offended by you calling me something that I clearly am?

Annie, we are animals! We are domain: Eukarya, Kingdom: Animalia (skipping Phylum, Class, Order, Family) Genus: **** and Species: Sapien. We are animals just like kittehs! Yay for sexual urges! Did I mention I'm drunk?

Oh my god, you people. Yes, humans are animals, but you're a complete ******* retard if you think that there might not even be a slight difference between us and.. you know, the rest of the animal kingdom. You do not treat other humans in the same way that you treat animals. Calling a woman a 'female' sounds like you're sexing some farm animal. But whatever, all of you are hopeless. Good luck getting laid.

K Annie, I tried being nice, but you called me retarded. So when you describe a sex, you say male or female. I'm sorry (well actually I'm not) but there is something wrong with you for you to think that being called a female is offensive. Seriously, grow the **** up and maybe go to school. "Technically humans are animals." WE ARE ANIMALS. I like being an animal. You should enjoy it too. You stupid bitch. Sexing a farm animal, eh? I refer to my female friends as MY FEMALE friends. Because they are female, that is the sex that they are. You are hopeless for thinking that the word "female" is offensive. That is like me thinking that the word "fruit" is offensive and we should call them all by their specific names. You are also hopeless for not being able to realize how completely stupid you are. You are truly brainless. I have heard women that complain about names given to their gender, but NONE have EVER complained about being called female. I think they would disown you from our gender if they could.

How the hell is female offensive? Personally it makes me feel scientific. I... am a FACT.

Also, I will have sex tonight, will you? I had sex last night and the night before that and the night before that and it goes on and on. I get laid every day. But since you are so uptight, I doubt you get a good deep dicking... EVER. =]

You are a complete idiot. Honestly, you are not even deserving of my time at this point, but I'll relent just this once, because it REALLY rubs me the wrong way when dumbasses like you have the gall to call me stupid. 1) I am a pre-med chemistry major. That means that I also have to take multiple biology courses. I am well aware that humans belong to the kingdom Animalia. However, people treat other people differently than they do other animals. If you do not believe in this practice, you are clearly a brainwashed PETA twit and arguing with you is hopeless. Maybe you're the one that needs to do some growing up. 2) Using 'female' as an adjective and as a noun are completely different. Have you never heard someone say, "Damn, these females is fine!" or something of that sort? You must not get out much, or maybe you're just lucky to be in a place where you don't constantly run into the degenerates that use theis terms. Either way, you don't even seem to understand what I'm talking about. Since I don't feel like taking more of my own time to explain this to you, and language is not my strongest area (more of a science and math gal), here's a nice quote that I believe sums this up perfectly: "I read through all of the commentary on this "Woman vs. Female" issue without seeing mention of my BIG problem. I'm not as concerned about "female" the adjective as I am about "female" the noun. I cringe when I hear "women" or "girls" referred to as "females," as in, "These females are crazy!" (Mark almost raised the issue and gave a good example in an earlier post: "I was talking to this female.") You noted that "male" and "female" are used in the sciences (or in agriculture) to refer to male or female animals. (The auctioneer at the state fair talks about the "female on the auction block.") Prior to the past 10 years or so, I didn't hear people refer to others as "a male" or "those females" unless it was in reference to the slave trade. Enslaved Africans (and later African Americans) were dehumanizingly referred to as "males" or "females" by inhuman types who treated treated them and traded them as they would animals. That "female" has resurfaced as a noun to replace "woman" or "girl," astounds and offends me, especially since I hear it primarily in the Black community. I heard an annoying reversal of this problem today. Someone made an announcement about a set of keys having been found in "the female restroom." I was teaching a lesson about possessive nouns at the time, and I had to explain to my ninth graders that the "women's restroom" (apostrophe S) is for women, but the room itself is has no gender. Can someone out there please tell me if I am alone in finding this usage abhorrent?" Source: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/female-versus-woman.aspx (There are more similar ones on the site) 3) Don't you ever call me stupid. I can almost guarantee that I am considerably smarter and better looking than you. You cannot judge my intelligence having only read a few sentences on a subject you seem to be completely in the dark about. I can also safely say that I will likely grow up to have a better paying job than you, and to have a higher standard of living. Don't pretend to be better than me, because you aren't. It appears that you are the stupid one for having judged me so prematurely. 4) You do not speak for all women, so kindly shut the **** up and stop acting like you do. Thanks. 5) I really could care less how often you have sex, and I doubt the rest of the internet does, either. The point I was making is that acting respectfully towards women is generally more likely to get one laid. Get it?

You forgot that you don't speak for all females either.

I never said I did, now I did I? I am speaking for myself only.

Who said there was anything wrong with being a woman? Goddamn, you people are idiots.

dear me banana girl, someones got their knickers in a knot. you must be the only female in the world to be offended by being called what you are. seriously, calm the **** down and get over yourself. if you're so goddamn smart and attractive, why is your picture a banana and why are you wasting your time arguing with someone who "isn't worth your time" love, your fellow female

Clearly, I'm not the only 'female' to be offended by this term, because I have provided quotes from OTHER PEOPLE stating that they believe the same. I don't like particularly want all of FML to be able to see my picture all the time, hence the banana. I do not like my photo being associated with my anonymous monikers. I think that's pretty easy to relate to. Not everyone who has a non-photographic avatar is ugly. If you must know, I was arguing because I wanted a break from studying, and because that little girl having called me stupid really ticked me off. I will now get back to my studies. I do hope you have a good day.

mercyFML - I don't even know where you got this shit. "Lesser women"? That was never stated anywhere. You must have an inferiority complex. Please go away now.

You guarantee that you are more intelligent and better looking than I am. Yet I am completely shit-faced, and I can spell better than you. I also have a picture of myself in my profile whereas you have a picture of a banana. I am most definitely better looking than you. I win. You are completely retarded. I am going into microbial genetics. Do you know what that is? Probably not. If you were pre-med you would know how to spell correctly. Also, because I am going into genetics, I will DEFINITELY be paid better than yourself. I will get my PhD and get paid for it and then get a job doing research where I will be paid much better than you. You are ugly and dumb. FYL. P.S. No one believes your "i'm a pre-med chemistry major" bullshit. You are dumb. Learn to live with it.

You're so hot that you chose a banana as your picture? Right. P.S. I am soooo much smarter than you. Even while drunk.

moonlight_daze 8

Why is arguing over the internet so different than arguing in person?

Yeah, I'd love to know myslef, but 99,99% of people act TOTALLY differently over the internet. To be more exact, these people act like internet was some kind of software application designed to relieve your stress in any agressive fashion. Simply put, 99,99% act like assholes on internet while most of them would be harmless little ******* in real conversation. That's why arguments on the internet are most often retarded.

moonlight_daze 8

The internet is human nature at it's finest. If everyone on the internet is acting like a bunch of assholes, it's because people are assholes to begin with.

Oh no, I'm so sorry that I made a typo. That never, ever, happens to anyone. I really could care less if some loser on the internet doesn't believe me. That doesn't change the reality of my life. Chem isn't even that hard a major anyway. It's not rocket science. And honestly, who DOESN'T know what microbial genetics is? Those aren't difficult words to comprehend. You must constantly be around dimwits if your choice of major is met with blank stares. I must say, I am impressed though. There really aren't a lot of women going into science these days, which is sort of sad. Since you're lecturing me on my spelling though, what the **** is this shit? "I will DEFINITELY be paid better than yourself." NO. The usage of 'yourself' (as opposed to 'you') is totally wrong here. If you were going into microbial genetics, you'd know how to use grammar properly. Ooh, and you're drunk? Aren't you cool! Nobody ever gets drunk around here!

hahahaha, oh man you are making my day. alright, ill give you that one, you and like 5 other feminists in the world get offended. or shall i give you more hope and say 50... 500 maybe? WOW 501out of 3.278 billion females thats like 0.000000001% omg congratulations you win, female is clearly offensive. please. go back to your studies indeed, you'll be saving yourself future embarrassment.

Wow, your day must suck. Sorry it had to be that way. You still don't even seem to understand what I'm talking about. I'm going to conclude that it is because you are lucky enough to never have been exposed to ghetto-ass people who use 'female' in such a context. I don't know, maybe you don't listen to rap music... That said, I really do have to go now.

you're right again, i gave you too much credit. i dont think its that hard to see what you're saying... female is offensive... apparently. ohmygod obviously if i go to the ghettos and someone calls me female i will be SO offended. what are you racist now? some ghetto chick/dude called you female and thats rude. how come you didn't comment on everyone's use of the term fat "chick". you'd rather be called that than female. damn you are backwards

mercyFML I love you. Let's have intercourse now. You are amazing and intelligent. And you are definitely more beautiful than annie. You are gorgeous. And so smart. Have my babies please.....

Whoa. I don't want to get too involved in this (as I see points I agree with in ALL of these comments), but I must point this out: What word could be used to accurately describe a group of people who all have only X chromosomes but are of different ages? Would you call them all women, though some are really young? Would you call them all girls, though some of them are elderly? And "chick" is hardly appropriate because it's more casual than you may want to be at the time. I'm not really asking this to state my opinion in the matter, it's just something I have trouble with. I never know what to call other people of the same sex whose age doesn't make it apparent. P.S. Jesus, you females/girls/chicks/women/ladies argue intensely. I love it! :D

Actually gonzolove, for someone who is SO smart, who's going to get their PhD and who wants to be a professional making tons of money, maybe you should watch your language and converse on a little higher level than "I am most definitely better looking than you. I win. You are completely retarded. [...] You are ugly and dumb. FYL." Calling people ugly and dumb? Really? I can just see you with your PhD...when one of your employees does something wrong and you tell her "Really you ugly dumb female? Can't you do anything right?" Now I know that anniebananie called you and idiot and a dumbass, but at least she said "I can almost guarantee that I am considerably smarter and better looking than you. " which is far off from calling someone ugly and dumb, as well as retarded. And actually, as a person with tolerance and common sense I found that the quote anniebananie posted and the explanations she gave to make a lot of sense. I'm glad didn't get my college degree in any of the sciences, because from what I've seen on FML everyone who goes to college for biology, medicine etc. just seems to be so narrow minded and seems to think that with their field of study automatically comes a certificate for "I'm always right, I don't have to give facts, I'm allowed to bitch at people". Anniebananie at least gave facts and even picked up on facts you tried to use against her - but all you did was bitch at her for having a different opinion. Thank God I'm a translator *rolleyes*

I'm incredibly cool. And I have more people wanting to have sex with me than you could ever dream of.

Umm Pukkuala she said exactly that. She called me dumb and ugly, no matter the words she used to make her point.

Ph.D.'s With employees. That's a good one!

ChasinParkedCars 0

Holy ******* shit. Anniebananie, you are the world's biggest dumbass. I can't believe society lets people like you exist. Please don't procreate. Who are you to say what women should be called? These ******* are drunk and what they say makes 10X more sense than you. Get off of FML. And to gonzolove and kwinters, I love you guys.

"Who are you to say what women should be called?" Okay, then... Who are you to call me a dumbass? Seriously, what are your qualifications? You seem pretty biased, considering your head appears to be pretty far up the ass of the people disagreeing with me.

ChasinParkedCars, I love you too. I may be drunk, but you are more rational than I and you are more correct that me. May you enjoy a long, joyous life. Did I mention that I love you =]

Sorry Annie, but I've seen your posts on many FMLs and nearly everyone hates you, You should probably kill yourself. Now.

mercy, we seriously need to have babies like right now. Because I am completely in love with you and your everything =]

Puolukka and gonzolove are having a fight on the internet on who's sexier? Let's say we all get together and settle it in person. I'm volunteering to be the judge. Bribes are acceptable and they will affect the outcome. :)

Anniebananie: I think you meant that you "couldn't care less" instead of "could care less"... think about it, I'm sure you'll be able to get it. Also, I don't agree with either side saying things like "I'm clearly better than you" becuase, a) that's a matter of opinion, b) you don't even know the other person, and c) if it's "clear", there should be no need to state it. Also - come on - it just sounds so ridiculous to go on a rant about how you're going to make more money than a person you don't even know, and how you're so much prettier and bla bla bla. Seriously grow up. However, I can excuse gonzolove for saying similar things because: a) she seems to be doing it in part just to annoy you and seems like she is having fun with it whereas you give off an air that you actually think this is a mature way to handle a situation and that you can actually convince someone to agree with whatever topic you are arguing by acting childish. And b) she is drunk. I love how you think slinging insults makes you sound better/more intelligent/more confincing. Hilarious. Also, YOU do not speak for all women, and as a highly educated woman myself, I would like to state for the record that being called "female" does not offend me in the slightest, YOUR comments however, do. And remember, it's "I COULDN'T care less", keeep thinking about it. It'll come to you.

escualida, you summed that up perfectly for me. And plexico, you can be the judge, but you have to come to NY because I'm too lazy to go all the way to TX.

ChasinParkedCars 0

Hahaha wow you are awesome gonzolove. Really. And escualida is genius. Anniebananie, way to be a grammar nazi. You have no room to talk. You really need to listen to these people and get off this site, no one likes you.

Oh, and just one more thing, I hate PETA. =]

You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals...

I think what she means is when someone says something like: "you know what it's like when a female," does this or that. It's impersonal in some way, rather than just saying "a woman" or the person's name.

#281 gonzolove, OK, just let me get my judging equipment ready. 1, . . . 2, 3, Check! It's all there. I'll be up there soon, make sure you warm up properly. ;)

@289: Actually, in my experience somehow saying "woman" incites more anger. "Bring me a sandwich, woman!" is more offensive than "Bring me a sandwich, female!" for some reason. That "impersonal" bit actually makes it less offensive because it's almost like they're not really talking to you. Plus I would find it comical; "female" sounds less serious and more like they're intentionally being a jackass than saying "woman." Then again I'm imagining those quotes with dramatic emphasis. Welcome to the woooorld of tomorrow!

lol "Bring me a sandwich, female!" sounds like something some mega nerd would say. I'm just picturing some huge nerd wearing a star wars/star trek/lord of the rings costume and shouting that at his mother lol

Any man worth a shit would pronounce it "sammich" in that context.

rofl so it's not okay for men to refer to women as "females," but it's fine for you to call men "males"? And there's nothing wrong with being a feminist. Feminism is the belief that men and women should be equals. THAT'S IT.

FuckkYourrLifee2 0

Okay, I really do not see how being called a female if you are one is offensive.. most people nowadays do use 'female' to refer to woman, and I don't see how it's a big deal. if you've noticed if you enter a contest or something like that on a site, they usually ask if you are "male" or "female" ( "m" or "f" ) so are you going to write a complaint to every website that asks if you are a "female" ? Honestly, I do not know why anyone would be offended by that. I'm 13 and I have more common sense than you.

JoeTheBow 8

LMAO #181 you are hilarious. What a moron, look what you said - " Honestly, you are not even deserving of my time at this point" and you wrote 5 paragraphs, and looked up a source of grammar! Hahaha! And you think you're smart.

We aren't the hopeless ones you insane bitch.

who cares, he obviously wasn't attracted to her so the date would be awkward anyway.

And I'm assuming you were on a blind date yourself because you are a wonderful physical specimine? Well, you'd better be, with a personality like that.

waterynuggets 0

Run, run, as fast as you can! But seriously; YDI. Couldn't say chick with the blue sweater, hm?

asshole. i wear size four jeans. so im no where NEAR fat. but im STILL offended by this. **** you.

leahlovesya121 0

OP is on a blind date.....not a deaf date or mute date