By Tiffosaur - 04/01/2013 06:12 - United States

Today, I went on a blind date. As soon as my date saw me walking towards him, he checked his watch and said, "Oops, wrong place." Then walked right past me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 996
You deserved it 2 645

Same thing different taste

Top comments

On the bright side, you were spared the horror of dating a douchebag.

A watch that tell you where to be... I need one of these.

Comments

1dvs_bstd 41

That bastard is douchey to the core. What a dick move.

And everyone calling him 'shallow'. If some nasty ass guy/girl was set up on a date with you, tell me you would persue her/him because they might he nice people.

Mister_Triangle 21

It's easier to blame the other person than it is to admit that physical attraction is necessary, on at least some level, for relationships to work. But you can't fight nature, and she can sure be a cruel mistress.

vencku 13

That's just nonsense. He could have told her it wouldn't work out and left. If he did it in a polite way, OP might not even have been offended. There's another FML with a girl meeting a guy twice her age. No one calls her a douche because she "didn't look past his age to the great person he is".

Being polite enough to finish the date doesn't mean he has to pursue the relationship. I agree that physical attraction is important but one date isn't a binding contract.

If you made the commitment for a first date, then you should follow through. In the end you may find you have some things in common and become great friends. You are responsible for being polite. One date does not make a relationship commitment.

I suppose it is a dick move but on the flip side, if he didn't like the look of you to that extent what would be the point in him staying? I know looks aren't everything but I personally have to be attracted to someone if I'm going to have an intimate relationship with them. I'm not shallow, but I don't go out with people purely based on personality either. Both count. Just find someone who's actually attracted to you, it will work out better for you in the long run.

vencku 13

Completely true. But he could have said something. Sure, it would be awkward, but I'm sure his charade was as well. It was insensitive. No one says he should date OP, but he could have acknowledged her after she went through the trouble of going to the agreed place. He basically stood her up.

That's true, it's pretty cruel not to even say anything.

He must have had appointment in douche land at that time.

You should have run back and poked him in the eyes. Then it would have been a REAL blind date.

and your better off not having to date him

perdix 29

That wasn't a watch -- that was a combination GPS and Ugliometer.

He probably though you were too beautiful, and realized his...... was too small!

perdix 29

That's not it. I have a friend who whips out his tiny dick every chance he gets. Girls giggle at it awkwardly and call it "adorable." They end up pleasuring him and then bolting for good. Works for him ;)

How's about we set up a blind date, find where his gonna be and we'll go and Il treat you as the princess you should treat all decent girls as.. Then see what he has to say for himself!