By ChrissiOfTheHill - 18/06/2009 09:01 - Canada

Today, I went for a really important job interview. She loved my portfolio and we got along really well. But I guess that a corner of my skirt got caught underneath my shoe when I stood up to shake her hand, exposing my teeny-tiny underwear and neglected bikini line. She didn't shake my hand back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 377
You deserved it 9 815

ChrissiOfTheHill tells us more.

My skirt was knee-length and flowy (Im am artist and am therefore not required to dress like a square) and yes i was in-between waxings so it wasnt a jungle down there...just...neglected as I said haha And I dont think Im gonna get that job...you shoulda seen her face!

Top comments

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Nomad609 0

But you still got the job, didnt you? Dont worry bout it she was probably just shocked :D

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

12- Maxi skirts? They're not just for hippies you know. And anyone can neglect to shave for a while. It's not a crime to give yourself a break- shaving or waxing constantly can cause ingrown hairs, which are painful and can turn into nasty infections. OP, try not to worry about it. Hopefully she'll just disregard that, and remember that you have a great portfolio and are qualified for the job. Honestly, it could happen to anyone, even her.

Lindsay46789 0

like it or not, it is actually considered to be 'more professional' for women to wear a business suit that consists of a skirt rather than trousers. So when one is partaking in an interview one should wear whatever is considered to be professional, not necessarily comfortable.

tikkatakka 0

still, a full-length skirt is a bit too conservative...well, i guess it depends on what sort of job you're looking to get.

You know what grinds my gears? Women are allowed and even expected to wear skirts, but men are expected to wear crotch-crushing pants. Women are lucky in my eyes.

Uh, 118, have you ever worn a skirt? They have to be the MOST uncomfortable things I have EVER worn. Especially the "professional" ones. How does one walk in them? And if you're being assulted, you can't kick their ass. Skirts are usless. Literally. =P

Well #118... if you want to wear a skirt so that your gonads are not crushed by your pants... go ahead. You want your "gears grind" or your 'nads smashed?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Trimming is no more hygienic than letting it grow.

#29 - It wasn't her beard she tripped on. ba-Doom-Doom-Tissssss!

OmgItsAnaBeatriz 0

Yeah, cuz girls who try to be decent and wear long skirts instead of a 2 inch one and exposing their ass to the world means they have a problem. God I hate people like you.

Uh, yeah it is. Pubic hair grows at the same rate as normal hair. Keeping it trimmed keeps it from getting matted and makes it easier to keep clean.

dude you must have some long pubes. its like eyebrow hair and doesnt really grow longer than a certian length. otherwise youd get people with pubes hanging out of their shorts or boxers or w.e

No. I don't. Because I trim them. Ok, maybe "the same rate as normal hair" was an exaggeration, but it does still grow. And it is still easier to wash when shorter.

urmmm.... how? do you like, comb and shampoo your pubes?

elfuzzo 0

I've got a jungle and wash it every day. It really isn't that hard.

To #44: First: You do not have a Constitutional right to a job in the U.S. Second: You do not have a Constitutional right to a job on the basis of your pubic hair length. Try tuning into something besides MTV and Nickelodeon for your Civics education. >>Maybe not.

I shampoo mine (I am a guy though.) I trim mine so it's impossible to comb it.

ozymandias_fml 0

If your pubes are so long that they are not contained by your underwear, you are unhygienic, especially in a skirt. This woman can and will be dropping pubes all over the office. How is that hygienic? Seriously?

touche... but girls cant. unless a yeast infection is nicer than having pubes. sexy.

I really doubt that thats possible.... cant be contained in your underwear? pubes dont get longer than an inch, i think.. i shave but still, i doubt they can get so long that they cant be contained

ozymandias_fml 0

Read the OP. The issue is that she stepped on her skirt, and 'neglected bikini line', which, to me, and evidently many other posters, takes that as her pubes showed around her teenytiny underwear.

someone said shorter pubes make it easier to wash... but then that should only be the case if they were going to wash like they do with normal hair :/

people arguing about how long pubic hair can grow: it will only grow to a certain length, which is pretty short. the same is true for the hair on your head - of course it grows a lot longer, but it still stops eventually. and just because you think that shaving/trimming seems "cleaner", that doesn't mean that it is actually more hygienic.

kwosti 0

#19, if she wasn't going for a job as a stripper/escort/prostitute/pornstar the length of her pubic hair should be of no concern to anyone. Imagine the position description: Must have post-graduate education, 8-10 years experience, and well groomed pubic hair....

You are an idiot. When was the last time you saw someone's pubes down to their kneecaps? Of course, your pubic hair probably has not started growing out of your Spiderman underwear yet.

organismal 0

somehow, i doubt that, considering i dont shave mine but it doesn't grow to the lengths that my hair does

The "trimming" especially in the context of a bikini-line, refers to shaving hair which grows slightly outside the area which a bikini bottom would cover. That has obviously nothing to do with hygiene, it's about a taboo in the American psyche "thou shall not see pubic hair". Obviously, just as with the hair on your head - length has no impact on cleanliness. Washing, however does.

ozymandias_fml 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She probably knows she'll never be able to look at you without that image in her mind. Horrible luck for you, better luck next time.

ozymandias_fml 0

15 -- yes, yes they are hippy clothes -- but others do wear them.. but others shave.