By NoMoney4Me - 24/09/2012 10:48 - United States - York

Today, I went for a job interview. Before giving me a tour, the manager pointed to my purse and said, "Better leave that in my office." I didn't know why it was safer in her office than on my shoulder, but I complied. Later, I went to buy coffee and discovered that all my cash was missing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 794
You deserved it 3 971

Same thing different taste

Comments

I have no witty comment... Because this just plain sucks. Fyl

FireFlie07 20

Did the manager take it? Or some other klepto? Run, run far.

…get him! that part makes me want to cry!

And that's why you keep all of your cash on your person, along with your credit cards and id. :P Why didn't you take your cash out when you just left it in the office for someone you just met, at a company you don't even work for yet.

Llamacod 11

well, surely you don't know much about psychology because if you did you would know that everybody keeps their id with them as it is part of one's psyche

As a native Pennsylvanian, I apologize for this. I pray the offending person is not a native Pa person. As for what happened, call the police. Make a report. Only you can stop this craziness!

BubbleGrunge 18

Sucks OP, but perhaps that isn't the place for you to be employed. If you can't trust the boss and a locked office, you can't trust anyone there.

Llamacod 11

nobody said anything about a "locked" office

I fail to see the logic behind the manager asking you to leave your purse in her office and you actually complying with it. That wasn't a smart move on your part. I'm having a hard time deciding whether this is a FYL or YDI...

perdix 29

In this tough economy, you could consider that an "interview fee."

it was left in her office, in her care, under her suggestion. she is responsible for it. just like if u leave ur phone in a principals office and it get damaged, they are responsible, same thing. the only thing now is proving the amount of money u said u lost. chalk it up to experience, and next time either take out ur wallet or keep ur bag to yourself.

This is why you should never leave your bag unattended .