By princessrose - 09/07/2015 23:08 - United States - Shawnee

Today, I went by myself to do a birthday party in a park, dressed as Elsa from Frozen. Everything was going fine until another Elsa and an Anna showed up to a nearby party. The kids then decided I was a fake and pulled my wig off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 048
You deserved it 2 618

princessrose_fml tells us more.

princessrose_fml 5

Hi. I'm so excited this got posted. This actually happened a couple months ago. It was my first time as Elsa. And my first time alone. Unfortunately the new wig we had ordered was not very good. (The old one was unusable) and the kids at the party were already doubtful. But when the other Elsa showed up with Anna the kids decided I was the fake one and started pulling at me. They didn't pull it all the way off but we're able to tell it was a wig. However the parents were totally understanding and helped me out. Saying I we were else's helpers just like Santa :) in the end I even got tipped. Its a story I tell people now as it is something that would only happen to me. (I have bad luck) Also To those saying I shouldn't do Elsa. I couldn't say no to the party as Elsa. I get paid $50 an hour. Would you say no to that?

Top comments

Elsa, we used to be best buddies, and now you're fake, I just wanna pull your hair off. Do you wanna wear a costume, come on let's wear a costume. Ok, bye.

Comments

Next time make sure to go all in by super glueing the Wig to your head! Go all in or go home!

Well Sphen.. when they took your wig off, did you stand there Frozen? ( bad pun attempts.....)

I've always wanted to know what kind of name that was. Was he supposed to be named Stephen but he has a speech impediment that only makes him screw up his name?

Seriously if you didn't take that moment to capitalize on your utterly perfect opportunity to belt "let it go" at the top of your lungs YDI

Seeing as how Elsa and Anna are registered trademark characters owned by Disney, you all deserve it. Legally you probably owe Disney a lot of money too.

Or perhaps both OP and the other Elsa & Anna are working for a company that sends mascots for children's birthday parties. In which case, their bosses likely have permission from Disney to use the characters. Even without permission, I don't think Disney cares about a couple people going around in homemade or storebought costumes for birthday parties.

mds9986 24

25- Disney doesn't care. You're right because it's free advertising. Now some of the kids who may not have seen it will see the costume and want to see the movie.

You should've outed the other Elsa as a fake first.

JustinJK 21

They do birthday parties for a living. frozen is extremely popular amongst children right now. What is she supposed to do, refuse the service and not get paid?

You know, it's OP's job. You can't just expect OP to refuse the request. That's an easy way to get fired, unless OP is their own boss. Even then, you don't make money if you refuse. Making money is the point of the job. I don't think the OP would dress as Disney characters for children's birthdays if they were rich.