By historyfreak_17 - 17/06/2012 07:11 - United States - Dearborn Heights

Today, I went bra shopping with my mother. She insisted that I try on a bunch of push-up bras, and I told her I didn't want to, because it's false advertising. She looked at me and said that I need all the help I can get. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 793
You deserved it 4 705

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

You're beautiful just the way you are. Remind your mom that you have a magnificent ass. (I hope my "sensitive male" comments help me get laid;) )

Just stick to your beliefs and you'll get a guy who like you without the pushup bra:)

Comments

DwarfFrog 5

Sorry op :(. But try not to let it get to you :) I'm sure your body is fine how it is.

hmm false advertising. So you never wear make up to make your skin look better? Or heels to make you look taller? Or clothes that make you look slimmer? Or possibly your just rehashing a line douchy guys use to make a virtue out of a fashion choice?

Well I would also feel like wearing a push up (or at least a Wonderbra... they really do make you look about 2 sizes bigger) was a bit like false advertising. Don't care if other people are wearing them, but personally I'd just feel a bit like I wasn't being proud enough of what I already look like. I'm only replying because I actually don't wear foundation, I only wear heels now and again because some of them are just really nice shoes, I don't wear shit to make me look slimmer and I don't do anything else that majorly alters my real appearance. Make-up wise, at most I tend to have mascara and eyeliner on. It barely even changes me to be honest, you can still very much see what I actually look like. People should start realising that if they're going to wear something, it should be because they like the clothing rather than because it makes them look 'better' or 'thinner'. It's no wonder so many people are insecure when they're always being pushed to have bigger **** and a smaller arse.

xStaciexLynnx 15

None of that is really false advertising. Make up is kind of true but if you don't wear a lot, you don't look a ton different without it. Most girls don't wear heels to 'look taller' and deceive people, they wear them cause they're damn cute shoes. Finally, I've never found any magical clothes that instantly make me look slimmer. Mostly it's just wearing the right size to not make you look worse but people can still tell what body type you have. Push up bras totally adds fake padding to your breasts. Like a face lift, leg extensions, or tummy tuck you can just pop off.

Honestly, I would feel a bit ashamed if a guy took of my bra and realized that my boobs are half the size he thought they where!

I think you have a point cause people constantly use things like that. It's just human nature which isn't a problem :)

I guess we really can look at this from multiple POV's but I kinda get what KitGrey is getting at, I mean us girls like to wear/put on things that make us look better whether or not false advertisement was used. But at the same time, many individuals react differently to how false advertisements are used. If a girl really just wanted to "look" better and wore a push up bra then I see no problem with that, and if a guy she was trying to impress didn't like how it looked on her, he'd just leave her alone. However, if the girl wears a push up bra for inappropriate reasons then that's when I think we can draw the line.. I guess that's why some people hate false ads because they take away our "real assets" and replace them with ones that we can only get if we go out and buy them. I'm not saying we shouldn't buy them because hey, some people like it but really it should up to the person whose buying and not what others think..

Sounds like my mother. I too said something similar. I'm Proud of you. :)

Shadow_Phantom 26

Reminds me of an earlier FML I've read (which I agree with.) "It's called a wonderbra because guys take it off and wonder where your boobs went." Though really, FYL. Your mom really doesn't seem to be very logical.

I'm a member of the itty bitty titty committee myself...just think, we uh, have less back problems? Be proud of your body OP :)

Shadow_Phantom 26

I think that's kind of a "depends on the person" thing. I'm not a part of that "committee," and I have no back problems.

Well,me either, but then mine are abnormally large. >< lower back problems galore! Besides,having bigger boobs isn't what it's all cracked up to be. :/ I'm sure you're beautiful the way you are OP,don't let your pushy mum get to you.

eyecon502 13
DieInYourArms 0

I'm guessing you're single and you mom has a trophy husband. you might wanna listen to her

26- I got the impression Op was a skinny high school girl, and her mom was being shallow. Hard to say for sure, unless Op herself would care to clarify, please.....?

gixxergirl74 5

Screw that noise. There's no such thing as a trophy husband.

be greatful for your size if i wore a push up bra my boobs would be in my face.

Your comment made my toes curl. Just because you have unbelievable big boobs (with all the negative consequences with it), we should be happy with our not-so-feminine size? Believe me, when you're an insecure teenager and your classmates tell you that "you have a great taille, what a pitty that you don't have any boobs", you are NOT happy with your size.

TheDrifter 23

We're almost obligated to say that in high school. I prefer petite women and got a neverending stream of "OMG you pedo" comments for 4 years because of my choice in women (no they weren't significantly younger). 10 years later, they understand.

Nobody is obligated to say that in high school. I never ever ever gave mean remarks about things that wasn't the person's fault (like his/her body), because it didn't matter to me. But a bunch of other girls (!) decided to put people in the FIF (flat in front, aka, small boobs) and FFB (flat from behind, aka, small ass). I've never heard a guy talk like that about my body. But girls? Boy, they are mean little creatures.

TheDrifter 23

Oh yes, teen girls are evil to each other, teen guys (of my generation at least) spent most of their time fronting to each other. Couldn't admit you liked something if you'd lose face.

Dont want to attract the wrong guys :) anyway more then a handful's a waste

22cute 17

I had a Mum-in-law like that. Total jealous petty bitch. Don't go shopping with her. Let your Dad take you. And only ask friends for fashion opinions. That kind of female doesn't deserve daughters.

Totally agree! Makes me sad to see Mums not building up their daughters.