By lil_breezy - 11/09/2014 19:01 - United States - Denver

Today, I watched with mild confusion as a piece of paper tucked underneath my windshield wiper flapped around on the highway. What could it be? Surely not a parking ticket. Powerless, I watched it fly away. It must have been the insurance information for the person who swiped the back of my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 295
You deserved it 10 727

lil_breezy tells us more.

Hey all. Just a follow-up as this was my FML. I left my house around 10:00pm and approached my car from the front, so I was not alerted to the damage around the back. The piece of paper was not immediately visible from inside, so it must have been tucked down securely against the hood. When I saw it flapping in the wind on the well-lit highway, I tried my best to slow and exit. Too late :( Nothing I could do. I've had better days.

Top comments

Oh that's terrible! Hopefully your insurance can help you out there

So you didn't see anything wrong with your car or the paper located on your windshield until you were on the highway? Way to be observant and aware of your surroundings as a driver!

Comments

I heard of criminals putting fake $100. bills on unsuspecting ladies cars just so they can attack them in the parking lot when they get out to see what's under their windshield wipers.

Could have been the police's info. When my rear windshield got smashed I found a cop's card under my wiper who saw the incident before I did.

#17 I never want to check slips of paper tucked under the windshield wipers again...

It must have been a Chevy truck that hit your car,( like a rock.) Paper covers rock.

Some people try too hard to make a witty comment.

So they swiped the ass end of your car. That must mess you approachrd you car from the front. Didn't see the paper then. Got into your car and looked out the windshield. Didn't see the paper then. Sooooo, why the **** are you driving?

or he approached it from the side, I usually walk up to my car on the driver's side door

He probably only noticed the damage afterwards, when he got home and tried to figure out what the paper could've been.

At least the paper didn't fly into someone's windshield and cause an accident, I'm surprised you didn't see a slip of paper unless it was tiny or really hidden! Well as long as it is not major damage, it isn't such a bad thing plus maybe it was just a flyer to a local pizza joint or something you will never know

yeah there was big thing on news and emails.they most time if the car has it put it under the back windscreen wiper so when the person gets out to grab they jump in car and run you over with your own car and take off with all belongings. also if the OP didn't see the back of car to know it had been hit you wouldn't think to check for insurance details.

Hey all. Just a follow-up as this was my FML. I left my house around 10:00pm and approached my car from the front, so I was not alerted to the damage around the back. The piece of paper was not immediately visible from inside, so it must have been tucked down securely against the hood. When I saw it flapping in the wind on the well-lit highway, I tried my best to slow and exit. Too late :( Nothing I could do. I've had better days.

its unfortunate ... hope you have collision insurance coverage...

Bad luck! There is no way to know what the piece of paper really said anyway, so don't sweat it or blame yourself. For all you know there was no insurance info, just a note saying "sorry I hit your car." It happens more often than you think. Feel better, OP.

You can dismiss my comment then :) .... still sucks

Was there a camera or something you could check out? Maybe there is a video of the culprit.

Check your car thoroughly or quickly out and inside before entering it. This is so you notice anything wrong or notice any movement inside the car.

jjones0818 12

Depending on the damage, I think I would of walked the highway to see if I could find the info. Oops!

Ya and if he didn't do that, chances are the note said something like "Sorry better luck next time!"

Did it ever occur to you to check it out before it flew away

Jessj958 19

Did it ever occur to you to read OPs follow up before leaving a comment?