By carless - 29/10/2014 15:24 - United States

Today, I watched as the teenage neighbor girl tried to parallel-park between me and my wife's cars. She was doing pretty well until she backed into mine, got scared, hit the accelerator and ran into my wife's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 935
You deserved it 3 390

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Got insurance ? Hopefully the damage isn't to bad . Wonder why she didn't learn in a parking lot or empty street...

at least it wasn't your daughter in another one of your cars.

Comments

Double kill! Seriously though, that sucks OP! Did she at least stay to exchange information and such?

Even if she didn't, she lives next door, so funding her wont be difficult

I do not want to fund a neighborhood girl after she damages both my wife's and mine's car.

SMDH. Female drivers. Almost as bad as... Well you know.

As bad as what? Sexist dicks like you?

qdawg06 23

Parallel parking literally never goes well.... I don't know anyone who can parallel park perfectly...

The people who parallel park frequently tend to do it quite well. I live in an area where it's needed.

qdawg06 23

Makes sense! No one parallel parks unless they absolutely have to where I'm from.

I rarely parallel park as I don't live or really go downtown. When I do parallel park I get the car parked fine. I think that problems arise when a person parallel parks in a spot that is tighter than they feel comfortable with. I purposely only parallel park in areas where I feel I have enough room to get out with out having to back up much, if at all because I'm more comfortable with that. People just need to learn what they are more comfortable with and to park further away if it's a tighter park than they're used to.

i can parallel park pretty damn close to perfect and ive only had the need to once or twice in the past year. she probably though the space was bigger than it was or she was going in at an angle where she couldnt really see his car.

I can only imagine the horror on your face as it happened.

I dont know. This kin if sounds like you are an asshole-Parker. Why would you Baugh or have to park in between your two cars?

I'm not 100% sure what you actually said because autocorrect has failed you. I'm assuming the explanation you want is, the neighbors daughter had to parallel park in between OP and their wife's car because there was a space there. OP and the wife probably arrived home at different times and parallel parked in the closest spots available to their home. Those happened to have one car length in between them. The neighbors daughter arrived later and tried to park in the open spot.

I didn't try to sound mean, but yes that is what I am trying to say. Unless they live in an apartment complex or something, houses have their own driveways, garages, or side of the road next to their house. I was just thinking that they were parking on the side of the road in this case. I just find it weird because somebody would have to be taking up somebody else's space for parking for that girl to be parking in between her neighbors cars. I hope people understand what I am saying.

the city near where i live doesnt have driveways for individual houses. everyone has to park in the side of the road.

Why were you watching her park in the first place?

...Because she was doing it between his and his wife's car? He was probably watching in case something happened, which it did

rocker_chick23 27

So it is illegal for a person to look outside his house? OP was probably watching to make sure she did things correctly and to make sure she didn't **** up the cars.

Octwo 16

31 is the type of person that would call you a pedophile for glancing at a playground.

OP might have been looking outside because their kid was outside playing or for any freaking reason they wanted to be looking outside their own house.

this is the kind of stuff you see in movies xD

GothicKnife 11

Hopefully your insurance company can cover it.

In many states you don't have to parallel park on your drivers test anymore. Big mistake. It's not the easiest thing to do but definitely still needed

I took my test back in 1998 and I did not have to parallel park. For that portion of the test, I pulled into someone's driveway and backed out. I am guessing that is pretty common in smaller towns in the Midwest.

martin8337 35