By Anonymous - 10/01/2010 10:45 - Canada

Today, I was wondering why my home smelled so weird, until I found out that my 4 year old son had been secretly scattering around food he didn't like to eat throughout the house. How did I find out? No one else in this family leaves half eaten spinach all over my underwear drawer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 855
You deserved it 3 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bittersweets 2

In most families you eat together at one table and get up when everybody is ready. How exactly did your 4 year old son manage to scatter around food througout the house?

Comments

lol #6 u must have an old school family because I don't know one family who still does that

Ours does . . . every single meal . . . I feel sorry for those who don't, it's the perfect time to spend with the family and just enjoy each other's company in this fast-paced world. I am on your 4 y/o's side OP, spinach??!! Are you trying to kill the kid?!

Maybe they spend the rest of the day with their kid, and give them an early dinner so they can have their evenings alone with their partner. Don't make assumptions. And as for the spinach plenty of young children are happy to eat it if they haven't been raised on over-processed crap. God forbid the OP try to feed her kid something healthy and high in iron which is pretty important for kids development.

bittersweets 2

So you give a 4 year old kid a meal to eat somewhere alone? Maybe I only know old school families, who still eat together and care for what their children are eating. But I don't have any interest in meeting the other ones...

I don't, and that's not what I said. I said plenty of people eat at different times(not places) to their kids after spending all day with them so they actually have alone time with their partner and so don't make assumptions that people who don't eat with their kids don't spend plenty of time with them. The kid could have taken the food at any point, or snuck it into his pockets when his parents turned their back for a second. And I don't think the OP serving his kid spinach implies he doesn't care what his kid is eating... Eating with your family and being a judgmental bitch hardly makes you old school either, just by the way.

perdix 29

You shouldn't be so sure it was your kid. Maybe your wife sprinkled spinach on your underwear hoping it would give your dick a "Popeye" moment. Do you have trouble staying "strong to the finitch?"

epoh_fml 0

My family sits at the table and eats dinner together. Granted it is typically just myself and my two year old, but I require we both sit at the table and eat with the TV off. I don't know anyone who lets their young child run around with food in their hands. That's a recipe for a large Mess!

They didn't say the kid took it during meal time. Maybe he was getting up in the night or something to get it out of the cupboards and hide it so it couldn't be cooked.

YDI for letting a youngling like that have spinach. :

ensemble_coeur 0

Not really an FML, more like a minor annoyance.

Yeah - I did that when I was a kid. YDI for trying to get your kid to eat spinach! CHILD ABUSE!