By ErinShannon - 24/05/2017 10:19

Today, I was woken up from a dead sleep because a bug had fallen into my ear. I could hear it moving around in there, and it took me an hour with a blade of grass in my ear to get it to climb its way back out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 553
You deserved it 300

ErinShannon tells us more.

OP here, I freaked out the first few minutes and was like " DAD THERE IS A ******* BUG IN MY EAR WHAT DO I DO?!?! " and kept trying to dig it out. So I googled " what to do when a bug falls into you ear. " top suggestion was to not stick anything ( like fingers ) in there to get it out because you could push it further in and to get some grass so the bug can climb onto something it knows to escape. So thats what I did. If I had of kept looking there were probably easier ways but at the time I was worried it would go deeper or something. It is the grossest, weirdest sounding and feeling I have ever experienced. Especially since whatever it was, it had wings and was trying to fly inside my damn ear. Banging ones head against a pillow while laying down doesnt help either, just made it make more noise. Thanks for all comments saying I was brave. Haha.

Top comments

imnotcleverenoughforthis 14

I commend your chill. I would have just been like "screw it imma just die"

This FML has given me nightmares. God, I would have freaked after 1 minute. You manage to get it out calmly?? Hats off to you!

Comments

It happens and it is common. My Mom had a little ant in her ear the other day.

The_Jinx 12

Wow, OP! First a cow in the city, now a bug in the ear! you sure do have weird things happen to you!

This Is the most horrifying thing I have ever read

anonnymommy 5

When my sister was ~7 years old, she felt something in her ear and my mom dismissed it as wax and told her to clean it out. Couple weeks go by and my sister is still complaining, so off to the doctor we go. Turns out a ladybug had fallen in her ear and died. Definitely disgusting.