This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By lccc_ - 12/11/2016 12:11 - United States - San Diego

Today, I was walking up the stairs to my boyfriend's house when a little kid I've never seen in my life hugged my leg and bit me hard enough to break the skin and cause a huge bruise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 777
You deserved it 181

Top comments

This is why I support toddler leashes. That, and it helps keep the kid in harness a little safer. (Plus, toddlers act like dogs anyhow. And dogs act like toddlers. There's gotta be some similarity in managing them.)

One_In_Three 24

Better bite them back to show them who's boss.

Comments

One_In_Three 24

Better bite them back to show them who's boss.

This is why I support toddler leashes. That, and it helps keep the kid in harness a little safer. (Plus, toddlers act like dogs anyhow. And dogs act like toddlers. There's gotta be some similarity in managing them.)

r83839 22

As the caretaker for a very well-behaved toddler, I support leashes for parents who allow their children to bite people. That kind of behavior isn't "toddlers being toddlers," nor does it develop overnight.

Well, the leash is usually attached to an adult, so they function as an adult leash too. Also, biting can in fact happen out of nowhere because they're toddlers. Impulse control isn't exactly their forté, and a lot of them are still in the "explore the world via mouth" phase. It's also a little harder for someone to walk off with a kid if they're attached to their parent via leash, or the kid to wander off- and it only takes a second for a toddler to be out of sight.

One_In_Three 24

I was the most savage toddler you'd probably ever meet, and when my mum started using the leash on me I stopped attacking people right away, it was such an uncomfortable thing to wear!

What in the **** kind of terrible parenting resulted in a child as demonic as that?

I hope you found out who's kid that was and if they have had their shots. You should definitely go to a doctor to make sure you haven't contracted anything...

Go to the doctor to get the bite checked out, then find out who the parents are of the kid and tell them what happened

itssnotfunny 24

Man, I feel like I'd punt that child so hard. My legs are way too sensitive for teeth, I cringe at your pain, OP.