By Soakedandbroke - 26/01/2016 17:05 - United States - Houston

Today, I was walking to class. While waiting at the crosswalk, a guy cat-called me from his car. I guess he was pissed that I didn't respond, because he purposely drove through a puddle and completely soaked me and the expensive textbook I was holding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 973
You deserved it 1 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey guys, how many times have you cat-called a woman and she came running to you? Hint, stop doing it. It doesn't work.

Are you kidding me? I would've thrown a rock at his window!

Comments

Asinger06 1

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Are you seriously trying to say that it's becoming a "big trend" to murder women if they don't respond to catcalling? Where?

Where is it becoming a 'big trend'? Raqqah?

I want to think you posted this comment with good intentions, but thankful? really? no, any kind of harassment is wrong, and I'm sure you agree with this, so I encourage you to abstent commenting like you did, it harms the victim even more

yeah where do you live that women are getting murdered for not responding to a man? as a woman I'd like to stay away from there

I wouldn't say it's a "big trend" but women do, on occasion, get assaulted after being catcalled. It's the result of men believing they are entitled to attention from women.

OP, I just want to say the being that did that is not a man, but some sort of inferior subspecies that refuses to die off. I hope your textbook wasn't too damaged. Stay safe

countryb_cth 38

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure that the subspecies are called douche bags. Very unintelligent subspecies that resides in clubs and the gym. There mating calls are cat calls and calling each other bro. Deffinatly not a species anyone wants to be around. They tend to be aggressive

#74 ...and the genus is fuckboys lol.

Christ. I hope he gets a ticket or something as karma. What an asshole

SargeRho 6

I guess he doesn't know any other way to make the ladies wet? FYL

We really, really need to start teaching this type of man how to handle rejection appropriately.

And not to catcall. Because apparently it's not obvious screaming at a person and commenting sexually to a stranger on the street isn't a way to make them feel good or get their positive attention.

To boys: Please don't make an inappropriate sexual comment when I'm walking alone. All it does is scare me, not turn me on, and it makes you look like a douche. Even if you're a wonderful person. Seriously. Don't do it.

garalis4 2

So patronizing. But thanks for assuming our average intelligence level is so low that we needed that pointed out to us.

Well, to be fair, 31, it's evident that some of you DO need that pointed out to you.

garalis4 2

Key word: "some". Addressing the comment "to boys" sounds really broad. If a guy said something like "To girls: please don't use your period as an excuse to act like a complete bitch." you'd be the first one complaining, and you'd have every right to.

Your comment on does nothing but insult men who don't do that

Well it's the subject of the FML. It's not like she just made this comment out of nowhere. Obviously if you don't catcall then this comment doesn't apply to you.

Ah, the male ego, so fragile that an insult clearly directed at men who do this is taken personally by anyone of the same gender. Signed, a man.

All you can do is hope it all catches up to him eventually. Too bad you might never see it in person :/ Sometimes I wonder who raised people like that, they obviously need to go back to the drawing board.

Unfortunately, people have experienced boys catcalling with their father cheering them on.

ohgoodlordjen 16

I'll never understand how cat calling and wolf whistling is a compliment!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You sound like the kinda guy that would intentionally drive into a puddle if a woman refused to acknowledge you.

missoops 21

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Whether he was yelling gross things at her, complimenting het or even asking for directions, she said she IGNORED him. Then he purposefully splashed her (which you can get a fine for btw because it's illegal) because she chose not to respond. Do you throw tantrums to that extreme when anyone ignores you? Doesn't seem like rocket science to say that anything she did (which was nothing) merited that act.

MzZombicidal 36

I don't need to know the definition of a cat-call to know that when a woman isn't interested, you don't ******* splash her with water. What HE needs to learn is to deflate his ******* ego and don't act like a pissbaby if someone isn't interested.

Well I'd be willing to bet that he didn't purposefully splash her with water but we don't know the entire story so it's impossible to say, from her perspective he's a total dick, but that's assuming her story is an accurate description of what happened.

Please, tell me more about how much you know about this situation, enough to say details op says are wrong. Things like this happen to, sadly, many women.