By fml - 25/04/2009 01:55 - United States

Today, I was walking through town when I saw a plastic bag on the ground. Trying to be a good citizen, I picked it up, intending on throwing it in the trash. When I looked up, there wasn't a trash can for another hundred feet. So I put it back down. Now I've got a $200 fine to pay for littering. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 002
You deserved it 61 033

Same thing different taste

Top comments

earwig12 1

So walk the extra hundred feet. How is that a big deal?

a plastic bag doesn't weigh anything and it wouldn't have taken any extra effort to walk the 100 ft. your laziness disgusts me. you completely deserved it.

Comments

If your going to do something nice follow through with it. In most cases it would just be like why did you even care in the first place if you weren't going to follow through with it. Anyone mind telling me what YDI means?

ciaogirl 0
adelaide_evening 0

Right. The poster deserves it, not the ORIGINAL lazy ass who dropped it in the first place. I wouldn't want to look like an idiot carrying a dirty trash bag by my fingertips all the way down the street. What if the trash can wasn't even in the direction he was going? Give the person a brake and blame the person who dropped it in the first place.

RubixMonkey 0

But why pick it up in the first place. He did litter. He relittered.

hugme 0

people are ******* assholes on this site. he deserves $200 for TRYING? you YDI clickers act like you are some perfect god who has the right to cast judgement on everyone else because of your own sheer flawlessness. hypocrites.

No, he deserves 200$ for trying, and then giving up. 100 ft is nothing. He deserved it, and you know it.

Actually, I regularly pick up any and all trash (things that won't decompose on their own) and will carry them around until I find a garbage can to throw them out in. Even if I have to wait until I get home. It's not that hard, all it takes is a little soap and water if your hands get dirty. The person who littered in the first place deserves a fine, yes, but OP might as well be that person for putting the garbage back down. I clicked "You Deserved It", does that make me a hypocrite? No. Do you know why? I don't put litter back down after I've picked it up because I have to walk a measly 100 feet to throw it out. I hate when I see people do this, and purposely walk over, pick up the trash they just put down and throw it out in front of them. Littering is a major problem, and in my opinion, anyone who isn't helping stop littering, or at least clean it up, is making it worse. ~End of Rant~

Let's get something straight here, said OP picked up the plastic bag with the intention of putting it into the nearest bin; only to discover it was a full 100 feet away (oh, the horror!), said OP put down the plastic bag after realizing this and walked off with a $200 fine. #16 you call that pathetic attempt at moral citizenship trying? Trying would be making the effort to walk within the vicinity of the bin. We're not judging without merit. He or she intentionally put the bag back down because they couldn't be bothered walking a mere 100 feet. And even if he or she wasn't going in that direction, they would had to have walked some distance to pick up the plastic bag; whether or not they were headed in that particular direction or not.

Dude...I walk more than 100 feet to check the mail. You lazy bum.

DiSab 0

Oh the humanity! Another 100 feet!! What torture.

adelaide_evening 0

I'd like to know if everybody else around here picks up every piece of trash they find lying on the road. If not, you're sooooooooo lazy! (sarcasm) How do you know they weren't in a hurry? Just because they started out with good intentions and then didn't follow through doesn't make them any worse than the hundreds of other people who walked by the litter and didn't do anything. FYI: They have people who get paid (or are doing community service) to pick up litter off the streets. It's not like the bag was going to stay there forever.

Our taxes shouldn't have to be wasted on paying people to pick up trash. If people didn't drop it, then we wouldn't pay for it. If we all picked up just one bit of trash, then MAYBE we wouldn't have to pay for it to be done instead