By MDoremis - 21/04/2015 13:37 - United States

Today, I was walking in the shoes I'm going to wear for a wedding and fell, spraining my ankle. I'm the Matron of Honor and I can barely walk. The wedding is in three days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 092
You deserved it 4 363

MDoremis tells us more.

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice! I got some X-rays done and thankfully nothing was fractured or broken (and the screws from a previous break did not get wrenched loose in the fall)! I've been lucky enough to be assigned to completing the tasks, favors and whatnot, where I can prop my foot up and keep ice on it. I've also purchased a nice pair of flats, because there is no way I'm falling and breaking myself day of the wedding. As for a response from the bride, she pretty much told me it took a lot longer to fall than she thought it would (I'm super, super clumsy), and to keep off my feet so I can still be in the wedding without hurting myself again.

Top comments

Sprained mine playing volleyball a few weeks ago and so did a friend. Keep it up, elevated and ice it 20 minutes off and on for the two days before while taking ibuprofen every 6 hours to help too. If you got it checked out and they gave you an aircast, try and walk on it with that near the end of the second day and see if you can. The swelling should have gone down a lot by then and might be fine to walk on. Good luck op.

You have a very calm and controlled bride, glad nothings broke, enjoy the wedding and congrats to said nice bride and her groom/groomess

Comments

Justin1459 16

Just call and explain what happened. Hopefully they can get someone to fill in for you. Just an unfortunate event OP.

You should be in less pain in a few days! You may have to wear sneakers under your dress though, and maybe get a chair. Hopefully the bride and groom aren't crazy

Well I guess it is barefoot for you with a limp down that wedding Isle.

If you get it checked out they could give you a walking boot. And if you can't even do that there's this scooter walker mixed thing. It's like a walker but you put your knee on a seat ledge like thing.

Until the big day: drink a lot, keep your leg elevated until the swelling is down, then (carefully) walk off the remaining internal swelling. Rub in sports gel or horse gel. On the big day: tape your ankle with sports tape (look up instructions on the internet) and wear a non see through pantyhose so the tape isn't seen. Try to get away with wearing comfortable shoes as much as possible, only put on the heels for the pictures. Unless you are dealing with bridezilla you should be fine.

RICE. Rest. Ice. Compression. Elevation.

Hopefully you're not dealing with a bridezilla! Because, for sure you won't have a leg to stand onus her perfect wedding is derailed