By D - 09/09/2011 09:59 - United Kingdom

Today, I was walking down the street when a police officer started walking behind me with his dog. I sped up and tried to cross the road. He took this as suspicious and got the dog to take me to the floor. I've been afraid of dogs since I was 5. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 252
You deserved it 4 834

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

Yes, I would've preferred it if was something more gentle that had taken me down as well. Maybe a turtle perhaps? Or a sloth?

davidisbeast 12

That sucks .... Maybe you should've told the cop

Comments

kylebeast11 0

Haha that's what u get 4 running

Have you had problems with the police in the past? I know this question may be a little forward, but are you a criminal? An ex con? Currently in prison? That's the only reason I can think of for your blatant stupidity and irrationality. From the cop's perspective, someone walking in front of him saw him, started walking faster, and then tried to cross the street to avoid him. That's suspicious to me. Your comment, on the other hand, is repulsively asinine.

Finally a non moron. Thanks for being logical !

20-Think of it this way, without the police, your neighborhood would be a warzone, full of drugs and weapons. Either that, or you'd be dead, as to OP trying to sue, he did not get badly injured and as Doc mentioned, OPs behavior sounds very suspicous the police officer most likely thought he had something to hide. What im trying to tell you is that it would only leave OP thousands of dollars in debt from lawyer fees and make him look extremely stupid. Think before you post.

SimpleMinds_fml 7

Could have to do without the police stepping it up since it's the 10th anniversary of 9/11. If you're in a big city that is, btw I know it's not in the US. The police are still stepping it up in the UK. Just a thought

You and doc should both do the same. Use of the dog isn't really the issue of excessive force. Using him without the required warning first is. And yes the cop may have given a warning and op just didn't mention it but I'm working with the facts given. I'll also admit it'll be hard to win any lawsuit since it will turn into he said she said versus a cop which doesn't end well, but that still doesn't make what the cop did right or even legal.

42, good point. I was in law enforcement and that is absolutely enough probable cause to stop some one. OP, as bad as it sucks, YDI.

Suspicious? For being walking a little faster when he has a dog, and fear of dogs is not all that uncommon? And that makes it *reasonable* to have the dog attack you?? That's unnecessary force.

schaflava 0

There are no grounds for the cop doing that. That would be excessive force. They are here to protect and serve, not intimidate and harass.

K-9 Unit dogs can take down a person and cause little to no pain, and no actual harm. The use of the dog may have been unnecessary (and it may have not been, depending on what we don't know), but I wouldn't go so far as to call it use of excessive force.

Yeah that really sucks but he was just doing his job. Maybe you shouldve waited on the side for him to pass.

rexgar2000 10

Well dont be so suspesious next time!

Christianrules 1

So you mean to tell me walking fast trying to get away from a corrupt cop and his vicious dog is suspicious? She could have been late to work for all that dumbass cop knew.

amsftw 0

*Suspicious. Autocorrect is you friend.

raider27 7

Well, police dogs are trained to attack running criminals right? I could be wrong, it just seems logical.

the dogs cop's train our supposed to chase running criminal's but in less the cop was purposely following him he should not of just un leashed his dog

I feel like a cop wouldn't send a dog at someone who just speeds up when walking...

Get real! Cops do all kinds of stupid things.

otb113 7

cops are fat ignorant assholes

That really sucks, OP. I do hope you explained your phobia soon after that happened and got a big apology! I do think having his dog knock you down is a bit of an over-reaction.

Don't like most cops. Don't trust them. Also, most of them become cops for the wrong reasons and we end up on the receiving end of their egocentric power trips.

abstractsnipe 0

Were did you get this information, prison.

Yeah I agree with 38 the cops in the city that I live in are all retarded and lazy.