By Leash - 23/10/2009 04:22 - United States

Today, I was walking down the street in downtown Charleston where there are a lot of horse-drawn carriage tours and I decided to pick up some litter. Some of it was in a puddle of water, but after I picked up the trash, I realized the puddle was horse urine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 201
You deserved it 9 355

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Turnip_Girl 0

Why would you pick up wet rubbish, anyway? There's a fine line between 'doing a good deed' and 'being a dumbass'.

Good on you for picking up litter. Need more people like you. Sorry about the urine.

Comments

im pretty sure this is fake. in a city as big as charleston, there would most likely be a law that said the horses have to wear diapers(yea, there are really horse diapers). and if there isnt a law there that says that, then FYL because who wants a bunch of horse shit in the street.

sbarre1 0

Most horse diapers are only for the manure, so it's still possible for there to be a urine puddle. But good catch on that one.

Do they have printed ducks all over them? Because that would be awesome.

Our horses in New York don't wear diapers.

boatkicker 4

Im fairly sure a horse wearing a diaper pulling you around takes all the elegance away from the experience.

i live in charleston and the horses do have netlike things below them to catch there stuff. so yea this is probably fake, ive lived in charleston my whole life and theres never been any pee on the road. but then again maybe thats why he was thinking it was a puddle. idk.

I can believe this. The horse carriages go down my street all the time (I live two blocks away from the Market area in Charleston where the horses are kept) and diapers or not, I've stepped in more horse poop and urine than I care to recall. The diapers get full, have holes in them, or are just not used half the time. Also, as someone previously mentioned, the diapers don't catch urine. That's why the tour guides always throw the little flags into the gutter/by the curb, and mark down where the horse went to the bathroom. This is so sanitation trucks can come through and spray the affected curb. Actually, one time I think I dropped a book into the gutter, right next to one of the flags...didn't see any urine, but I knew it was there :(

taylorafterdark 16

I live in Charleston and they have something to catch their shit just not their pee. Although, they do usually put little cones to warn you if it's pee and not a puddle. The truth behind this post is up in the air.

jw90 18

Ew! How'd you fined out? Smell it, drink it, lick it of your hand we need to know this.

aero_fml 0

YDI @ "I decided to pick up some litter" without protective equipment.

Ouch that's horrible! Pretty sad that it only happened because you were trying to do something good for the community :(

totally agree with Turnip Girl. good call on that. and for my fellow fml readers sake, use a dictionary CrackBoneFan. what a retard.

Ryadal0872 0

I live in charleston, SC and they do have bags on the horses down town but it doesn't hold the urine. They have a street cleaner.... But idk how often it comes. The only parts that the horses go on are the "historical" and tourist infested places so I barley ever go to those parts. Shopping on king street is so much more enjoyable. :)

And if I'm not mistaken, when the horse pees, the carriage driver throws a little weighted flag in the puddle, and then a street cleaning truck comes and cleans up all the puddles.

I'll back up #29. I've been on those tours before and I definitely know they throw down the little flag and radio someone to come clean it up. Not sure if it's just for poop though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorapzlyMh0

xenomorph 0

If they're puddles in sunny weather, they are all urine. If they're puddles in the rain, 2/3 of them are urine. (I live about 140 miles from Charleston)