By fmypaint - 14/10/2009 09:31 - United States

Today, I was vigorously putting primer on my canvas for a beginning painting class. I accidentally sprayed specks of primer on the very dark painting to the right of mine. The painter is in an advanced class. She's been working on this one all semester. There's no one to her right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 597
You deserved it 35 350

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Last time I checked, that's why you don't "vigourously apply primer." ESPECIALLY around other peoples work. You were basically asking for an accident.

YDI, and FHL. You shouldn't have been "vigorously" putting on primer to the point where you're spraying it everywhere. Learn how to not act like a jackass in the studio, and until you do, stay the hell away from other people's work.

Comments

Mumblstiltskin 0

IDIOT! Why the hell would you use spray primer next to someone else's painting!? Have a little respect next time and maybe you won't think your life sucks so much. Maybe walk a few extra feet away or use paint-on primer. I hope the Advanced (mentally too I'm assuming) painter punched you in the throat. YDI!

totalbadass 0

If it's an acrylic painting, she can just paint over it, no big deal. If it's an oil painting depending on how much primer landed on it (just a few specks, as you put it), it's still fixable anyway. Oil paint takes a long time to dry. She'll either have to work it into the painting, try to cover it up, or use something like turpentine to get it off and redo that section, which would suck a lot. Either way, YDI.

perdix 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

omg please **** off with your ignorance just because OP used the word dark doesn't mean it's sinister, gothic or emo it just means the colours are dark and are key to the composition of the piece - which is now ruined because of the white specks.

perdix 29

I'm not ignorant. I am just assuming something that may or may not be true. What I was trying to do, for humorous effect, was to take the OP's mistake and make it seem like he tried to improve the painting. The ol' switcheroo. Don't get all pissy if you simply found it unfunny.

hebron77 0
hebron77 0

That's about as funny as me saying "Go to Tartarus, you sick burning waste of organs, maybe the world will be better when you're gone."

Sorry perdix. You win some you loose some.

Intellectualist 0

If I was that person, you'd be dead.

Hermyoni 0

Well I don't see the problem. She should of moved her painting out of the way of others.

I ******* hate people like you. Have no regards for others personal property.

ravensunnyd 0

why does "there is no one to the right of her" have any thing to do whith it????

Akuser 0
xxCFHxx 0

Yeah, if the OP'd apologize and be straight up about it, not waiting for her to find out, it'll be a lot better. It'll still suck, but less than being a pussy.

satanstoystore 0

another 'its the thought that counts' ? no, it isnt. what counts is respecting peoples property by being careful and not screwing it up. thats what really counts, not 'i didnt meant it.' that might work on mommy and daddy but not for the rest of the world.