By Anonymous - 10/08/2016 14:10 - Serbia - Pancevo

Today, I was told I'll need a hysterectomy. I'm barely 22. My doctor said "You probably wanted kids, huh? That's gonna be rough!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 897
You deserved it 1 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well there are two options: you may be able to harvest some eggs and save them for later for use in ivf, or you can adopt and give an existing kid a loving home. Either way, best of luck OP.

That sucks; I'd go get a second opinion if I were in your shoes.

Comments

Get a second opinion. Even if you trust him, when it's something this serious, always get a second opinion. Whether you wanted children or not, the joke was very tasteless. Yes, cool, no more periods. But now you have to face all the emotional and hormonal imbalances that a hysterectomy causes. Not to mention the whole recovering from major invasive surgery. I'm genuinely sorry that you have to go through something so painful.

It depends on if you want kids or not. If you wanted kids of your own, I am sorry that you have to make this choice. On the other hand, if you didn't want kids then it's not so bad.

Apparently in med school compass isn't taught.

moo77_fml 20

damn thats crazy how they was so matter of fact about that. either way still options

Get a second opinion. And then get a third. I was told at 28 that I had a precancerous condition and needed a hysterectomy. I thought about driving my car off a bridge on the way home. Chose to just ignore it instead. 10 years later at 38 I thought the cancer had finally showed up. It wasn't! I was pregnant. My daughter is 10 years old now. Please don't make decisions based on what one doctor tells you!

I'm happy for you and I know this will sound insensitive but you were going to kill yourself because of not being able to conceive children? What would've been wrong with adoption?

Some people aren't capable of adoption. Some need that in-the-womb bonding. I hate to say it but it's true.

Still, having children shouldn't be so important in one's life to kill yourself over it.

amileah13 26

God I'm so sorry OP. That's probably the worst thing a woman can hear (in my opinion). Try to harvest your eggs and freeze them to hopefully have kids in the future. Best of luck to you OP.

I suggest adjusting your opinion a bit.

amileah13 26

Not really sure what you mean. For lots of women who want children, I find that to be one of the hardest things to hear that you can't have them. And like I said, just my opinion.

check 2 or 3 doctors if the matter are serious as this. time to time doctor do give wrong opinion.

you better check with another doctor before taking any actions and don't worry about it