By Alaska fire - 19/11/2016 22:14 - United States - Eagle River

Today, I was the only sober person at a bonfire. After being hit in the eye with a snowball, taking people's keys away because they were too wasted to drive, making sure no one died and stabbing the bottom of my foot with a nail, I got to sleep in the snow. Without any blankets. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 220
You deserved it 1 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait what? I assume camping with tents and no one let you sleep in a car or tent at least? You need to get a tetanus shot for real. We're you the designated sober person? You seriously could've died of hypothermia, you need to have a little talk to a friend who was at that party or whatever cuz dat was messed up, if you didn't know anyone there maybe you shouldn't go to such shindigs like that again especially without someone who'd have your back and make sure u don't freeze.

If they were friends at the bonfire. And if they were all drunk as you said, I'm sure you could of cuddle up with someone so you wouldn't be sleeping outside in the snow. After all you saved them all from getting hurt or die, at least they could of cuddle you:)

Comments

Op probably didn't get in a car because, one: hungover people are a bitch to reason with, and whoever owned the car OP decided to sleep in probably would have gotten mad if they had slept in a car. Two, you aren't supposed to sleep in cars that are turned on because it not only uses gas and/or burns battery, but can also be unsafe if the car winds up producing carbon monoxide. Three: EVERYONE could have been sleeping in cars and there weren't any available spot. Four: If there was an available spot, it could hamate been with someone who was drunk and OP didn't feel comfortable being that close to someone under the influence of alcohol for either physical safety reasons or concerns about the person not remembering why they were in the same space come morning. Five: If OP was doing damage control all night, everyone at the party might have been pissed off at them for one reasons or another and made them sleep in the snow as "punishment." Because people tend to degrade into assholes the longer a party goes on.

This is one of the most Alaskan things I have ever read, and now I'm a little homesick

AirBusDriver 23

Thanks for keeping your friends safe and off the roads! Hope the Northern Lights were happening to make the night a little bit better. .

You took keys. You could have just went and slept in a car

Where are you in Alaska that has snow. I am in anchorage and we have none

willem44 5

if you took peoples keys couldn't you unlock their car and sleep in it?

This is another reason I don't party. I'm afraid this will happen to me BECAUSE I'm the responsible one.

ImGoth 15

Thank you for making sure no one drives drunk. After all the crap that happened to you think about. You could've saved a life.

You always could go to sleep in one of cars, you had keys to...