By Anonymous - 02/12/2010 17:38 - United States

Today, I was telling one of my patients I was upset because my sister wants to go to beauty school, and that I don't want her getting a worthless qualification and to aim higher. My patient replied saying she is a hair dresser. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 823
You deserved it 46 046

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been doing hair for 10 years now and make quite a bit more money than most of my friends who have "professional" jobs. Next time you're getting your own hair done why don't you take a moment to ask your stylist about the Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, and Electricity classes he/she had to take before you write it off as a "worthless qualification".

Iknoweverything 29

First off, you can make good money in hair. Women are vain, men are vain, and everyone is willing to pay to look good. And before you write it off as worthless, why don't you cut someone's hair, and see how it turns out? While I would never go into hairdressing, I would never deem it worthless... otherwise my hair would look like crap. Second off, you should ALWAYS know what your patients work in before complaining. It avoids insulting them. Third off... your patients are NOT paying you to complain. Do your job, be cheerful, and listen to THEM complain. Fourth off... I hope your hairdresser never hears you think low of him. You may never look acceptable again.

Comments

Sooo I guess your only choice now is to kill her, cut her body it little pieces and dump them in the river. It will save you the embarrassment.

YDI I'm a qualified makeup artist I get paid $60 an hour working with estee lauder and $300 a makeup for wedding occasions, which it's wedding season for Australia so money money... so what're you KFC casual sales staff? You my friend are a worthless qualification

Dear 63, calm down, it'll be okay. Love, Me

Well, technically being a hairdresser is one of the least paid jobs, and they may wish they did something different with their lives anyway.

Dear #94 thanks for the thought, but I wasn't angry when I posted that, just happy i'm not a foot doctor like OP, judging by your awesome comment I'll assume you're a smart kid, now take your post number (94) and take it from itself (94-94) you still with me? and now you have my carefactor please take it make love to it do whatever but just take it away from here

98, its also an easy job, and probably enjoyable if you're into that, usually womens pay is shit because there not the main source of income anyway (Yup Yup I said it). 102, you coulda said that in a sentance, the way you did it makes you look like you have no life and have some sort of social disorder.

OP, its her life, not yours, so let her do as she pleases, you're her sister, not even her mother, encourage her to do what she enjoys, life is about enjoying yourself. Everyone gets money to try enjoy themselfs, but has a hell of a time trying to do it, that they hate everyday life. Work a job you love, as long as you can pay the bills, you're life will be 100x as enjoyable as someone doing something they hate for a higher pay. Your sisters got the right idea on life, doing what she loves, not whats better financially. Don't dare lead her astray. Hope I helped :]

My Aunt owns a salon and she makes a lottttt of money. If it makes someone happy then why not try it?

So ironic. Just apologize, and brush it off.

DarkHelmet 10

hope that wasn't a gynecology appt cuz that woulda been real awkward

I've been doing hair for 10 years now and make quite a bit more money than most of my friends who have "professional" jobs. Next time you're getting your own hair done why don't you take a moment to ask your stylist about the Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, and Electricity classes he/she had to take before you write it off as a "worthless qualification".

MexRomeo 0

still...aim higher... my Sis is studying to become a beauty tech. and trust me it's a worthless profession yeah we need them around but leave that for people who dnt finish high school! I've been to my sisters school and trust me it's not that hard!!!

This is exactly what I was going to say. People like you annoy me!!

I myself am also a hairdresser, and I've been quite successful at it. I've been in the industry for 8 years and I have no trouble providing for myself and family. Anyone can be successful at any job. Hairdressing is not a worthless career.

Wow, did you ever consider that maybe she has a passion or talent for being an esthetician or cosmetologist? it has nothing to do with aiming higher or aiming lower...people should do what they enjoy, why go through life disliking your career and wishing you had picked what you love to do. screw you haters. Not everyone is in it for the money.

Oh and by the way, I graduated high school, and get this, I also have a bachelors degree. Hard to believe, I know. Just try and wrap your tiny little brain around that #35.

wow ur effing stupid I would like u to go to cosmo school and see it u have to know anatomy physiology chemistry electricity business ur degrees of angles diseases disorders infections proper sanitation and that's just what u need to know! then teres te shit ton of things u have to actually do and know how to not **** up the structure o your hair. and by the way graduated high school with high scores in all my advanced classes so think before u talk

I graduated with a degree in finance, thank you very much #35. I went straight from college to cosmetology school while working as a mortgage broker. So please don't make ignorant statements on subjects you clearly know little to nothing about.

#123, how'd you get through high school with that kind of grammar and spelling? Yikes!

Why don't you go to cosmetology school and do their job for a day. Then bitch about how hard their job is.

mathew17986g 2

YDI for complaining to a random stranger...

BehindTheSun 2

Not sure what you mean by 'patients', but I'm guessing you're probably in the medical field. Just saying dude, I guarantee you they don't give a ****. Dont whine and bitch to people you don't know, and people who don't give two *****.

And THAT is why I never talk about my personal life with my patients as I have sex with them. Wait, what?

the point of liking comments is so that you don't need to post lol or rofl or lmao or i see what you did there :)

I feel like that was very unprofessional.

Iknoweverything 29

First off, you can make good money in hair. Women are vain, men are vain, and everyone is willing to pay to look good. And before you write it off as worthless, why don't you cut someone's hair, and see how it turns out? While I would never go into hairdressing, I would never deem it worthless... otherwise my hair would look like crap. Second off, you should ALWAYS know what your patients work in before complaining. It avoids insulting them. Third off... your patients are NOT paying you to complain. Do your job, be cheerful, and listen to THEM complain. Fourth off... I hope your hairdresser never hears you think low of him. You may never look acceptable again.

About your fourth point, most hairdressers are female... I know exceptions, but I have noticed it is a fairly feminine profession.

Iknoweverything 29

Ever hear of a barbershop? OP happens to be male. Plus my hairdresser is male... I guess nobody really cares about the gender, as the point is still valid either way.