By guy - 30/07/2012 03:24 - United States - Avon Lake

Today, I was taking a walk when I noticed an elderly man on the ground, unmoving. Being a registered nurse, I tried to give him CPR. As my lips touched his, he hacked a loogie and spat it into the back of my throat. I swallowed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 152
You deserved it 5 795

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ifoundalaska 11

That is definitely one of the most grotesque things I have ever heard in my nineteen years of living.

You should have at least tried waking him up or checking his pulse first..

Comments

perdix 29

You're the better man! You know what they say: Spitters are quitters.

Although this is beyond disgusting, I hope this doesn't deter you from helping anyone else in the future. Good healthcare providers are hard to find.

I don't know about deforming... But I do know that she won't be enjoying food for a couple of days now..

luckyd880 12

Well there's lunch for ya.

You honestly have no idea how much that made me shudder. That is extremely repulsive.

I think op had an idea and probably shuddered worse.

just_dandy20 2

Why the hell are you doing mouth to mouth without a plastic guard anyway? Starting in 2007 they require you don't touch another person, without a mouth guard. YDI

yeah, because everyone carries one of those on them at all times. You make do in these unexpected situations, obviously. You don't just leave a situation alone when you have the chance to help someone in trouble because you forgot your mouth guard.

A mouth guard would not have prevented that.

Regardless, if someone is in cardiac arrest, compressions are going to save their life more than anything. Start that and call for EMS, let then do the ventilating when they get there.

@Ω@ mega horror!!!! im not gonna read this for the second time D -: your life sucks though, op.

linkinpark98 23

At least you tried to help the guy. I am proud of you, OP. :)