By annoyed - 20/02/2013 20:33 - United States - Paradise Valley

Today, I was so exhausted that I slept through my phone ringing, and later my doorbell ringing. My psycho mom freaked out, and thinking I was in trouble, broke a window to get inside. This all happened before 7 a.m. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 185
You deserved it 2 761

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who the hell does these sorts of things? That's one crazy mother you've got OP! Make sure you give her the bill for replacing the window while you're at it.

The good news is your mom really cares about you. The bad news, you're right, she's pyscho.

Comments

Who the hell does these sorts of things? That's one crazy mother you've got OP! Make sure you give her the bill for replacing the window while you're at it.

Definitely unnecessary. Try talking to her and explain why that's inappropriate. Maybe she'll understand. Or just continue to be paranoid.

Correction, what OP's mother did was unnecessary, not what number 1 suggested.

RedPillSucks 31

not really. mom probably thought the worst, like OP was dying or something.

One would assume that the person would be sleeping at that time.. It's still early in the morning. What any normal rational person would have done is call and knock on the door at around 9-10am if they couldn't get a hold of the person at that time of the morning. That's a reasonable time.

18- all before 7 am? that's pretty ridiculous. that's one overprotective mom.

Moving far away will only make it worse. OP better hope overbearing psycho like attitudes are not hereditary.

The good news is your mom really cares about you. The bad news, you're right, she's pyscho.

iTsbSkuLLy 8

She Wouldn't be so Psycho if OP was tied up and getting beaten by Ninja Pirates now would she?

71 - What book is that? Or is it a movie?

idrankurjuice 7

Yeah, but the early worm gets eaten by the bird.

But the second mouse gets the cheese.

toughchick14 15

Um has your mom ever considered therapy? No offense, but at least she is caring!

Um, in pretty sure if you thought your kid was in trouble you would have to find a way to make sure they're okay. I'll admit she may have gone overboard, but that in no way means that she needs therapy. Therapy is for mentally or emotional ill people. Not for caring mothers

Um, there's always the chance she's obsessed and not willing to let their children move on, that calls for a nice long talk. P.S. Um.

GwennaRose 22

@ 34 That is actually a common misconception about therapy. It is not only for the mentally or emotionally ill. In this case I would suggest OP and her mother go to family counseling to work on creating boundaries in their relationship and helping the mother cope with anxiety about her child

Smashing through the window? Ain't that a bit over excessive?

zombieslayer83 19

#41, your comment was ceremoniously majestic! Lol!

zombieslayer83 19

Man, I tell ya. Sarcasm is lost in this digital world!

Definitely psycho. Anyone calling and visiting before 7am without plans falls into that category.

Unless a significant other is surprising you with things such as breakfast. With bacon. Bacon is an acceptable reason to show up unannounced that early in the morning.

She did the right thing! If you ever watched Dora the explorer you'd know that whenever you think someone's in trouble you should try to help them. Besides at least you woke up instead of sleeping in?

Lionesse 15

I fail to see how Dora the Explorer got into this.. The only thing Dora teaches you is that maps, backpacks and monkeys can talk and apparently get you to your final destination.

shutupAnderson 7

Dora also taught me to talk to strange animals and inanimate objects in Spanish... However, I only speak to strange animals and inanimate objects in Elvish, so...

**** that. If its my day off I'm going to sleep in.