By Youdontneed2knowmyname - 05/02/2011 05:29 - United States

Today, I was so bored I began practicing an irish jig. For two hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 884
You deserved it 26 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

waltz the matter with you? you gotta tune up your social life. get on your feet, friends are just a hop, skip and a jig away.

well hey, at least you had two hours worth of entertainment, and you got some exercise! :)

Comments

I beg to differ, bucko. It was submitted and then accepted to Fmylife.com. That, by definition, makes it an FML. Just because you don't find it tragic, humourous, or ironic enough should not allow you to detract from others' enjoyment of it.

#14: Semantics. Yes, by definition it is an FML because that is the term this site uses for all submissions. However, using my mighty powers of inference and my recognition of a not-uncommon use of language, I can tell that what blondiee *actually* meant is that this submission is not deserving of being an FML. Quite frankly, I find it difficult to argue against the point, given that the situation described in the FML is (a) self-inflicted and (b) actually kind of awesome. Bit (a) leads us to a YDI, which, by common custom on this site and the opposing nature implied by the two primary types of vote we get, is grounds for saying something is undeserving of being an FML. The second part leads us to the immediate conclusion that there is no reason for OP to say "**** my life", therefore, once again, warranting it undeserving of an FML. Tragedy, humour, and irony, while factors that make FMLs more entertaining, and thus worth reading, are unnecessary factors, both to the definition and to the worthiness of an FML and really have nothing to do with why this submission "isn't really an FML".

The FML is that the guy was bored beyond belief to the point this is the only thing which alleviated the boredom. Hardly self-inflicted. The OP's day was obviously screwed up, therefore it's an FML.

Hum..when I'm bored beyond belief I don't just happen to start doing something totally non related to my own interests. Therefore, the OP muuust have some sort of interest in dancing to begin with to start randomly practicing an Irish jig..IMO I don't think this qualifies as a FML.

Clearly Brainstew deserves his username.

I am not even gonna bother reading that. Why is it so that there are always geeks who post real long comments about how people should get a life. Start with the man in the mirror.

I was just giving my opinion. no need to get all worked up about it :l

minecraft isssssssssss fun by the way nice housssssssssssse you built would be a sssssshame if sssssssssomthing happened to it

Are you some sort of reptile? Becausssssse you type in a ssssssstrange way.

FruitSalad4225 0
DancerGirl123321 0

...I'm an Irish dancer, and seriously? Unless you're going to a feis soon, it's kind of sad to practice a jig for two hours. Jigs are easy. Start working on hard shoe stuff, because if all you do is jigs, you'll have a hard time with your hornpipes.

KelceyLoves 0

Well who knows? Maybe OP already has his hardshoe in prizewinner and just needs his jig to move up. Plus, the Albuquerque feis is next weekend so maybe he wants to go there?

did it ever cross your mind that maybe that was his first time doing it, so he picked something easy to start with?

20- I totally agree :) I'm a dancer too

perdix 29

Keep having your F'd L, and you'll be Michael Flatley any day now. You'll have to change the name because of copyright stuff, so may I suggest your call your act "Riverdouche" of "Lord of the Dunce?"

KelceyLoves 0

My dad once did a fake number at my performance with some friends of his. They called it Creekdance. Hoohoohaa!

I think that this is the best thing I've ever heard, ever, really and just wish I could see what you came up with in that two hours. I like you a lot.

think of all the calories u burned!!! maybe u found a new exercise regime!