By woohoo420 - 04/04/2012 16:14 - United States - Chino Hills

Today, I was so baked out of my mind that I argued with my parakeet over who farted. I could be wrong, but I think I lost the argument. Worse still, my boyfriend had been standing in the doorway long enough to hear everything, even me farting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 650
You deserved it 41 453

Same thing different taste

Comments

Anyone who still thinks that marijuana isn't harmful need only read this FML. YES POTHEADS! COME AND GET ME, IDIOTS!

Agreed!! Sum stoner is about 2 hav a retarded comeback... And yes I misspelled on purpose lol

alstbv12 13

I guess op hasn't been reading your blog.

You're a ******* idiot. You're probably one of those people who's head is filled with all the governments anti marijuana propaganda. Truth of the matter, is that marijuana is harmless. If smoked too much before your brain completely develops it can be problematic. But after that, it cures over four hundred diseases in illnesses. It's proven to possibly stimulate brain cells, it doesn't kill them as the government said. Before you go around looking like a douchebag, do some damn research yourself.

Nowhere in this FML did it even hint as marijuana being harmful. Unless the THC caused her to have an explosively violent fart, destroying her internal organs. But I think she would've mentioned that.

No, it just retards your brain processes and usually ends with stupid shit. And harmful doesn't just mean crippling your limbs, idiot. Oh, and let's remember the tobacco most joints are rolled with, and the problem with inhaling any smoke. Come on, teeny-bopper potheads, thumb it all down and spout your pro-drugs propaganda.

StormGirl142 24

44, DocBastard isn't just a name; he's an actual doctor. If anyone knew of any problems marijuana could cause, it would be him.

Kyot3 - Maybe it didn't say specifically that marijuana is harmful, but read between the lines - she was arguing with a bird. What does that tell you? ClaremoreZebra - I was hoping some moronic child who thinks he knows a lot more than he actually does would rear his ugly head. And here you are. You claim Ah, I've been waiting for you. I haven't been called a ******* idiot in a while! Thanks for the laugh. Have you considered that perhaps I'm not some person whose head is filled with anti-propaganda, but that instead I'm a highly-educated individual who has taken the time to research the subject and witnesses first-hand the dangers of marijuana use? Or is your head so far up your ass that you can't see that far? The ACTUAL truth of the matter is that marijuana is a harmful drug. Full stop. You idiotic potheads can think whatever you wish, and I'm sure you can find as much "420" bullshit to support your ridiculous theories. The only ******* idiots here are you and all the other brainless morons who think marijuana is harmless. Go smoke your herb and let the real grownups run the world, ok? Now run along and **** off.

44- have you read anything about weed because if so you would know that it doesn't cure diseases. It can help alleviated some symptoms associated with some diseases but not cure them. It also can cause numerous negative side effects. Do your research before you comment pot head.

nadnerbz 6

44- You're obviously a ******* moron if you think marijuana "cures" diseases.

KiddNYC1O 20

It may be harmful but at the same time helpful. For example: medical marijuana.

emmanizzer 6

Weed's not bad for you, just the smoking part. i mean special brownies don't hurt, right? :)

If the FML were about alcohol most replies would be offering their tacit approval. It's a double standard. If any of you get drunk and you have come down on her about this then you are a hypocrite.

Calyx - That's true. Alcohol is actually more dangerous than marijuana. It causes far more long-term problems, and alcohol withdrawal can kill.

What was harmful about this FML? She farted, natural body function, and argued with a bird, I talk to my pets all the time. Clearly, I smoke but what does it do for me? Makes me able to have a couple hours not hating everything about myself, gives me the courage to speak without staring at the floor, I don't feel fat, ugly, insecure, boring or miserable. I've had no negative effects and have been smoking for years. I usually enjoy your comments, but I find what you wrote in this particular one is ignorant.

dominic1221 6

You think arguing with a bird is normal? You might have mental problems, and ya'know, people with mental problems are the last ones that should smoke weed.

Ooohhh.... I had no idea u wer a doc! Thats so cool.. No wonder ur comments are always so interesting...... :D

PandaPandamoneum 0

Wow... People say all this shit about pot, but they never say ANYTHING about cigarettes and alcohol. Alcohol can make you do so many more worse things that arguing with a bird... There are a numerous amout of deaths from alcohol and cigarettes on a daily basis than there are from marijuana... Yea. That's right. Now come at me

After years of lurking, I finally signed up for FMyLife.com just so that I could upvote #60.

Doctorhook - thank you. Panda - I don't think anyone with a brain would argue that cigarettes and alcohol are more dangerous than pot. QuirkyCorgi - Go look up the definition of "ignorant" and then come back and apologise. I know more about drugs and their effects than you could possibly imagine. I don't know a thing about you, but I find it sad that you need an illegal drug to feel good about yourself.

Cannabis is as much of a drug as coffee grounds or tobacco.

mduffy08 8

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090615095940.htm

Dude I'm just doing my thing, cut me some slack man.

Cut you some slack? What, you just innocently, accidentally called me a ******* idiot and now I should cut you some slack? Or were you just so ******* high that you don't remember calling me a ******* idiot? **** that. You called me out, not the other way around. Don't dish the shit if you can't take the shit, asshole.

102: No, I don't think it's "normal" to argue with a bird. I'm stating it's not that unreasonable. Which it isn't, especially while high. I don't get that level of baked, but hey. DocBastard, I know what ignorant means which is why I used the word. I feel no need to apologize, so I won't.

Doc, I am aware that smoking practically anything is hazardous. Are there any studies proving that eating this herb is hazardous as well?

QuirkyCorgi - it's not "unreasonable" to argue with a bird? Of COURSE it is! You clearly don't know what the hell ignorant means or else you wouldn't have called me that. Ignorant means "lacking in knowledge or awareness". I'm the exact opposite of that here. You're just calling me ignorant because you disagree with me. That's just immature and ridiculous.

Alright man, yeah I called you out. That's just not what I've seen when I've been researching it. So instinctively, I thought I'd correct you. I did act like a ******* idiot, and I'm gonna apologize, I don't want to be one of the assholes everyone hates on here. So I'm sorry bro.

196 - Props, bro. I like it when I get to see civility on teh internetz. Very cool.

twistedlovex 0

Guys you can't argue with doc he's always going to win but not because he's one of the most popular person on FML and has an army of people behind everything that he says but because he's about 10x smarter than any of us. I know, I read his blog. And for the poor girl who has to smoke to make her forget all the bad shit in your life (I don't remember your user name) I'm deeply sorry that you actually have to do that but trust me IT ONLY MAKES THINGS WORSE. Not just for you but for everyone around you.

I for one love your comments docbastard. You spend two minutes making a post and you start 3 different arguments in your post bravo mate.(and for all your narcissistic pricks I was not being sarcastic)

Hey 'doc' please list 5 reasons why you are so against marijuana and why you believe it is so bad for you?

Jonez - I feel no need to list even a single reason for you. All I will tell you is that I've see first hand, both personally and professionally, how marijuana is dangerous. Why should I have to justify myself to you?

cc_the_beast 6

You have to admit Doc that in your professional life you would see the worst of humanity, pot smokers included. There are thousands of pot heads you would never have contact with because they are responsible smokers. I'm curious as to your opinion on this, should no one smoke any weed or drink alcohol EVER, or are you an advocate for moderation? And also as asked above (sorry, forgot your name) is there evidence that eating the herb is detrimental to your health?

Cc - Yes, I see the worst of the worst in my job. But I also had friends and relatives (VERY smart ones) who smoked pot. I wasn't impressed, and it wasn't beneficial. Both alcohol and marijuana have their benefits if used correctly, but both can be misused very easily and can be dangerous. The people who say they use it to relax or have fun are NOT using it correctly, nor are the hardcore potheads. I honestly don't know the effects when marijuana is eaten. But please don't call it an herb. People don't call heroin a flower even though it comes from a flower. Call it what it is - a drug. Yes, it's a leaf. But that doesn't make it any less of a drug.

Beebow_fml 5

I've enjoyed some marijuana while doing my multi-var calculus homework, am I a bad person? And contrary to what it does to most people, it increased my work speed and accuracy while making the world feel like a slow motion fur-ball. Oh gosh, what have I done.

Explain amsterdam, the crime and homicide rate is far below ours, and your not running the world nor are any of you doctors that think you're better than any of us when in reality, your not. Stop trolling, it's disrespectful and rude, but plz just tell me why is cannabis is REALLY so bad? Not trolling, asking an honest question that does nothing for my opinion on it. I don't smoke it, i vaporize and make edibles, healthier than smoke inhalation of any kind.

Out of all the things in the Netherlands that you don't have legal in the US, you pick weed. Can't possibly be cause the culture is different over there can it? Or any other things? You pick weed as a cause of the low crime, because you're a pothead. In every other country in the world with lower homicide rates than the US, except the Netherlands, pot isn't legal. Six of those countries had lower crime rates than the Netherlands in 2010. So how do you explain that? Use a better argument for pot if you're gonna argue for it.

hellbilly205 17

You know i have one thing to say, and one thing only i was a long time pothead but ever since i quit (for basic training) iv'e honestly became happier it was really making me depressed and i never realized this till i stopped smoking and got my head straight

Thanks, Doc, for stating the "what the **** does something being a plant or a chemical have to do with anything?" Everyone seems to think it's alright as long as it's a plant... I'd like to see them try one of the numerous deadly plants out there and still claim there's no problem because it's natural.

Why Doc, I think I love you. In a totally platonic way. I'm glad to see someone has a brain. Props, man. (same to that person with the cute tiny snake icon) Question: in your opinion, what's the worst effect pot has on a person?

It turns you into a raging stoner like crime-guy, A.K.A. Stallion420.

By the way, I don't see Doc trying to make himself seem better than you. However he is easily smarter than you. Where'd you get your facts from? Your stoner buddies? I cannot believe you think Amsterdam's crime rate is lower than the U.S. because pot is legal. There's probably something wrong with your head. Must be all the pot.

I read this thread and just laughed at all the idiots defending being stoners. You wanna smoke up? That's your decision, but don't come here and say pot is good for you and all that bullshit. Makes you sound like you've lost a few brain cells.

Stallion420, you're an idiot 19 year old kid. You have no idea how the world is run or how it works. Give yourself another couple of decades like I've had and MAYBE you'll have a clue. I never said doctors run the world, I said GROWNUPS run the world. Too high for reading comprehension, eh? As for your other argument about crime, I think others have trashed you all you hell and back just fine, so I won't reiterate. You stoners' all failed to make a single valid point. Wonder why you haven't effected sweeping marijuana legislation reform in the US? You're probably too baked.

cc_the_beast 6

Cheers for the reply doc, and I agree, it's a drug, through and through. Dunno why I referred to it as a herb, probably from reading all the comments on this FML. Nice work on the blog too mate, as a nursing student it makes for a great read of what yet may come...

MissHayleyJames 7

Doc, what do you think about it for medicinal purposes? My father in law has a medicinal license and takes a couple hits a day because he had his knee and foot crushed by a forklift in 2008. He's probably going to be in pain the rest of his life and this helps him manage it. I know the smoke part is bad but it seems like it's kind of outweighed by the benefits here, otherwise he wouldn't be able to function. He had bad reactions to prescription pain medications and they didn't really help so I was just curious.

manitix 0
cc_the_beast 6

305, I think this is where the real potential for the use of weed lies, as pain relief, as nausea relief, as an appetite stimulator and a reducer of interocular preassure. Personally if I was in that much pain id prefer a toke to a bag full of S8's

mduffy08 8

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090615095940.htm

BubbleGrunge 18

Drbastard....question? If you could give your patient a pill which could have serious side effects or a joint (or pill form) of marijuana, both of which would help the patients situation, which would you give? I would hope as a Doctor you would want to give the best, least toxic help to a problem. I'm not trying to start a fight ( though yea I smoke) I generally would like to know which you would choose?

311 - There are literally tens of thousands of different varieties of commercially available "pills" in the world, and the range of their potential negative effects goes from harmless to potentially lethal. Which one did you want Doc to compare THC to? Its not possible to talk about them all in a single breath.

BubbleGrunge - ah, the old "But pills are so much worse and they're synthetic chemicals, and weed is just an herb!" argument. This gets tiresome after the 392nd time I've destroyed it. As I've said numerous times, I fully acknowledge the medicinal uses of marijuana, though I'm frankly surprised that NOT A SINGLE MENTION of Marinol has been made yet. In case you didn't know, that's an oral form of THC. I'm a big proponent of any medicine that works and has a low incidence of side effects.

Doc, to be honest, I respect you (as much as you can a faceless "avatar" of a doctor online) but I really feel as though you've been stereotypical. Yes smoking anything is bad for you, but grouping anyone who smokes into the "stupid pothead" category is simply unfair. That's like saying everyone who drinks must be a hillbilly. How would you feel if I said every doctor I've met is a douche bag, therefor I think you are? You obviously wouldn't care but you might see my point. You can consume anything responsibly (to a point). You don't bash the person who drinks coffee everyday (and has an addiction), so why bash the smokers? They're not hurting anyone but themselves, and that's their choice to make.

KILLERTOAST13 4

claremorzebra and kyot3 you guys are obviously retards because smoking is probably one of the single worst things for your body to ever ingest, it slowly kills all of your brain cells so to dumb it down for you pot heads out there it makes you really stupid. Which I'm guessing lead to your dumb ass comment

Meettitan - Your point is valid, but I never said that everyone who has ever smoked marijuana is a stupid pothead. When I say "idiot potheads" I am specifically referring to people who smoke marijuana regularly and are unabashedly unapologetic about it.

And when I stereotypically refer to hillbillies, I am also only talking about those who flagrantly abuse their drug of choice, alcohol. See my point?

BubbleGrunge 18

LUDoc-but why do I need to be ashamed about smoking? Does it interfere with my day to day life? No. Does it prevent me from working and going to school? No. does it prevent me from being an adult? No. I don't need to apologize to anyone because what I do with myself is none of anyone else's business. Even if I was a strung out junkie, that doesn't have anything to do with your life so why do I need to apologize about something I enjoy doing? I'm a adult who has taken care of herself since she was eighteen, I pay my own bills, no one pays them for me. I happen to think I'm quite the responsible pot head. So what? I enjoy a little herb sometime? I don't drink, I don't smole cigarettes, I don't do hard ass drugs. I don't act a fool like OP here. You would never know I smoked unless I told you, because I'm a responsible level headed adult. I see you state that pot is illegal (which yes your right) but so is talking about your paitents in your blog. Your giving way personal information (I know people talk about paitents all the time, but I'm proving a point). Downloading music you haven't bought is illegal. Guess what? Not putting on a seat belt is illegal and much more dangeous than smoking pot. So, not every stoner is some ignorant fool who is a slug on society. Have a conversation with me one day, I could blow your mind with my words and thoughts.

KILLERTOAST13, don't be a dick bro, I apologized.

shannagregson 3

So true!!! How many times have you heard that someone was killed by someone else because they were in a pot fueled rage!!

Buddy, it has been statistically proven that weed is less harmful than alcohol and tobacco. Alcohol affects about 6 or 7 parts of the brain whereas weed only affects about 1 or 2. Tobacco causes cancer, weed does not. Have you ever heard of someone dying from weed od? Have you ever heard stories of people coming home and beating their wife after smoking a joint? Sure, weed can kill, if you smoke about 2500 joints in under about 5 minutes, but then again that's due to suffocation and lack of oxygen. Guess how many cigarettes it takes to kill you? One. I'm not saying weed is healthy for you, unless of course you are using it for one of its hundreds of medicinal values, I'm just proving you wrong about it being harmful. If you have ever seen someone stoned like you said than you would be able to agree that they were happy, relaxed, mellow, absolutely and completely non-violent and harmless, and were having a good time. Sounds to me like she was just having some fun. But talking to a loved pet is just so ******* ridiculously idiotic, right? No body has ever done that while they were sober, right? I mean, that's almost as bad as playing soccer or ball with your dog, am I right? You drink beer or smoke cigarettes on a regular basis and I'll match you in smoking weed and well see who dies first, ok? And if you don't drop in a few years from now well see who has more internal damage and figure out which one of us has more brain cells left, deal? Some ******* doctor you are bro. I'm sure in your fantastic career as best, most reliable doctor in the world you will be RECOMMENDING and PRESCRIBING medicinal marijuana to many of your needy patients and then you can look back and realize how much of a hypocrite you actually are. The only harm that smoking weed has ever done to anyone is making them a little bit lazy for a few hours. Big ******* deal. Take a lap and hit the showers bro, you're done.

all of u people r retarded THC actually helps cure cancer look up phenix tears and then u can make ur own decision . people do stupid things just being sober. marijiuani is not a drugs it just grows and if u so happen to set it on fire there r some effects . happy hingry sleepy thats it so **** all of u that r against pot. smoke weed everyday!!!!!!!!

ExtremeEncounter 32

Weed is more dangerous than regular smoking, even though people who try to quit smoking tobacco suffer from withdrawal and there are far more instances of cancer in people who smoke tobacco opposed to those who smoke weed. But you're totally fine with people smoking tobacco. Grade A ******* hypocrite.

kevinn95 0

Thats wasssup lol itl make a good story later on in life

What exactly did the parakeet say? He was probably stoned too if you're stupid enough to smoke in the same room.

Hell yea for smoking with your boyfriend. Sucks that he heard you fart though.

oarisimo 4

Says the person talking shit on FML instead of having a life. Super funny!

I won't lie, but while reading the FML, i swore it was a dude posting, until i read the gender. Anywho, I don't see how this is an FML, people fart and some people do drugs. o.O Sorry, no pity party from me

perdix 29

Somehow or another, I don't think the boyfriend abstains from the Wacky Tabacky himself, so he was probably similarly baked at the time. I think the parakeet did it, despite your admission to the emission.

KiddNYC1O 20

Because after some time your body adapts and the substance becomes less potent. You should lay low on the weed for a couple of weeks and back on again and see if you don't have fart wars.