By Bucks9 - 07/05/2009 23:43 - United States

Today, I was shopping in the mall. A cute store worker kept checking me out, so after I picked a few things I went up to her and started flirting. After a few seconds, she cut me off and said, "Actually I was watching you because you look like someone who would shoplift." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 236
You deserved it 7 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zbots 0

and you respond "how about I steal you away to dinner on Saturday?"

fantome_fml 0

Next time you go out try not to look like a criminal...that way when you do shoplift they won't notice

Comments

When I was a frail, painfully shy little 10-year-old this girl told me I looked like the kind of person who would steal stuff....I never forgot it. She thought she'd seen me steal a bunch of cheap prize rings for the camp carnival, and said "You seem like the kind of person who would do that", but it was actually my friend. Ugh x(. I took it to heart, cause I was the most innocent, quiet kid there, and wouldn't hurt a fly. I'm 17 now, and after all those years I'm still afraid people will see me the way that girl did. It's pathetic. This FML just reminded me of that lol...I'm sorry the saleslady was a jerk :(. I guess just don't glance around a lot when you're looking at stuff, and keep your hands away from your pockets.

i totally understand you. when i was 10 or something i was reeealy shy and innocent girl but my friends always shoplifted so they convinced me to try. i just wanted to look brave and cool so I got about 30$ worth of stuff. on my way out I beeped and I was caught, the store manager came and called my mother and told me the police were coming, that there would be serious consequences and that I should be ashamed of myself. I was crying and I was really terrified. my mom was furious and she was really dissapointed about me. they didn't really call the police but they told me never to set foot in the store again. now, even though that was almost three years ago, I still feel really bad about it and everytime I go in a store I am terrified that someone will think that I'm stealing. I feel like a criminal and I actually have nightmares about people yelling at me and bringing me in prison! it was really a traumatizing experience. your sales assistant is an IDIOT. I would get angry with her.

no offense but..... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LaughingOutoutoutoutoutoutoutoutoutoutoutoutoutoutoutoutloud?

LilKonvicted 0

I get that sometimes.. XD Not really a FML moment tho

alex_vik 0

You don't know the difference between checking someone out and monitoring someone?

Advice, Dont look around that much =3

haha ouch, that sucks. but if it makes you feel any better, i'm sure she doesn't mean you look like a thug or something, but a lot of times people can look suspicious if they hover over something or continually look at the sales people while shopping. i always used to watch people like that when i was in retail, just to be sure.

You should ruin her life and get her fired. Then ask her out.