By wowzers0889 - 28/04/2012 21:21 - United States - New York

Today, I was sent to a customer's house to switch out a washing machine. My boss had assured me that everything I'd need was already in the truck. Halfway there, I ran out of gas and I realized I didn't have the gas card. My boss says it's my fault. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 727
You deserved it 7 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I mean if you could see that the gas was on low, why wouldn't you refill it? Kind of your fault, but that's still douchey of your boss.

Angelrose2004 17

I don't know why, but the word "douchey" makes me laugh.

The customer is always right. Customer needs to post this as an fml. Today I was supposed to have a washing machine delivered, but the dumbass delivering it ran out of gas and tried to convince me that it was his boss' fault.

SwtCherryPie 26

How long have you been driving? The gas guage is nearly one of the first things I check before I leave to go anywhere. Your boss said he had everything you needed in the truck... implying the tools to do the job... not implying in anyway that the truck itself had been refueled. YDI for not being more aware.

This is why I always like to do things for myself.

What a moron, your boss is right. Drivers are always responsible to check the safety and fluid levels of their vehicles BEFORE they drive them, everyday. If your too stupid to look at a gas gauge, you should work where the register has pictures of the food items on the keys...

jayisacooter 1

Check the fuel gauge idiot. YDI

Totally. The fuel gauge idiot probably has your gas card as well as most of the gas your boss originally put in the truck. Those fuel gauge idiots are a nefarious bunch who will take you down any chance they get. I know it's wrong to generalize, but I ******* hate those guys.

That comment was DocBastard worthy. Perhaps even better than some of what he's posted.

Aw, I'm truly flattered, idoam, but as the saying goes: You throw enough somethings at whatever and a few of them are bound to stick. Obviously I don't know the saying, but I'm willing to bet DocBastard does, and that pretty much says it all. Thanks, though.

It's called a circle check. Check your delivery vehicle before leaving. YDI

kirrra 11

ok this is totally not your bosses fault! check your gas next time

So he has to put the parts in the truck, then gas it up, then give you the gas card.hmmmmm I wonder who the douche is?