By jnr1234 - 20/06/2012 02:15 - United States - Princeton

Today, I was sent a letter by the vet, saying my cat was late for her yearly checkup. My cat died last week and I'd had her cremated by the same people who had sent the letter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 616
You deserved it 2 473

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comet_Candy 23

Aw OP, I'm so sorry for your loss...

GhettoXmuffin 7

I'm sure they're just kittin around. Seriously though, sorry about your cat.

Comments

Pay no mind to it OP, they are clearly run by an automated computer system and haven't cleared your pet out of it yet. Sorry for your loss.

Aw sorry to hear OP. Your cat is in a better place.

Keattles 14

None of us know that death is worse than life. Have you experienced death????

yomamaOo 2

18 - As much I wish it weren't true, dogs can die as well. I'd take a dog over a cat any day for various reasons but your reason doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

yomamaOo 2

It's cuz when a dog dies it can feed a family of Asians

Um, no. They don't. What purpose would sending out a letter to a person without a cat do? (presuming this was their only pet). They seem to run on an automated system that was backdated/probably only gets updated once a month or so and that's why OP got a letter. This isn't a case of money grubbing, it was just an unfortunate mistake.

"Yeah, could you bring in the cat's urn? We want to do a blood test". Think for a minute, 19. I think it's obvious that it's a busy vet and the system for letters, etc. is automated.

You have to think about mailing time also, & FYI some vets actually practice cuz they truly LOVE animals, our vet sits on the floor with them whether it's the cat or dog there for the visit , kisses them on top of the head & talks to them as he truly cares about them, & often doesn't charge us for visits etc.

if they actually cared for their patients they'd double check... hey we just cremated this cat, let's see if she was our patient

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Wow... Well, I guess they just have lots of patients and it's probably hard to remember who's who... Still sucks, though. I'm so sorry about your cat. Pets become like family after some time and it's very tough to loose them.

B3Y0ND 3

Either way, vets should at least try to remember any deceased pets to, you know, prevent situations like these... :/

33- You're right, it is part of their job to have things in control, but things like this happen sometimes :/ It's too bad that things like this happen though, they shouldn't.

perdix 29

I get my cat's ashes x-rayed every six months at the vet's for $75. For 17 years, his condition has been stable, so they must be doing a good job.

RedPillSucks 31

Who was the mirthless bastard that thumbed down perdix? We'll find you.... FML ass ass in

perdix 29

Thanks, man, I thought this comment was sufficiently self-deprecating that it would be popular. You helped, though.