By koreageis - 08/12/2016 20:42 - United States - Medina

Today, I was scrolling through a bunch of old posts that my boyfriend's ex had posted about me on Facebook from a fake account she used to stalk and harass me for months. It was then that I figured out that one of my friends and my mother had been helping her the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 149
You deserved it 671

koreageis tells us more.

OP here. I made an account just to give everyone more details. This girl and I were friends a loooong tine ago and stopped being friends for many reasons. Well, when she was dating my boyfriend she cheated on him and he left her. Over a year later, I started dating him after she gave me her blessing and told me about her new fiancé and kid on the way and about how happy she was. A year later I find the fake account under a different name filled with posts about me, my love life and about how awful we did her. One post blatantly said that my mother called her all the time mocking me and giving her my personal info so she can stalk me even more. I also found many comments where my mom asked her to text her or call her and many comments from my friend, who is someone I've known for four years but talk to every now and then, talking about me as well. Apparently both of them pretended to be on my side while they helped her stalk me, my boyfriend and roommate. This girl found out who I was living with, where I was living and even knew everything about my love life because of my mother. I've deleted all my social media, including my Facebook just to get this girl off my back. My mother denied everything, didn't apologize and hasn't attempted to speak to me since. I last spoke to her about a month ago, more or less.

Top comments

What kind of parent encourages and actively participates in their child being harassed and stalked? You need to confront both of them OP, if they deny it, show them evidence, and honestly, I wouldn't speak to either of them after that. They have no regard for your well-being and saw nothing wrong with making you feel humiliated, violated and unsafe. You shouldn't have people that do that to you in your life.

Mom: "Talk about her earlobes as much as possible—she's super self-conscious about them." Friend: "Oh, yeah, and make sure you use the word 'literally' all the time and incorrectly. It drives her crazy!" Stalker: "Uh, maybe we should plan this out somewhere other than public posts on Facebook." Mom: "You kidding? She's not exactly the most observant gal. I give her a few months before she notices this conversation while scrolling through your posts."

Comments

I think you're jumping to conclusions and reaching. I don't see where OP said she didn't report the ex. Reporting doesn't always work. You keep on saying "block" like blocking the ex-girlfriend would have stopped her from posting negative things. Stop saying that OP "let" it happen like she could have controlled 3 people's actions and Facebook.

Thats disgusting! Friend - maybe not a friend after all. Betrayal or moron, but you better avoid her/him. Your mom should know that you don't discuss your family with anybody who isn't family, online being a special no-no, because even if it is a family member you talk to, info may get out of control easy. And I wish there was a way to get moms understand this, mine doesn't.

Based on how it says "helping" would lead me to believe that her mom did it on purpose, not just by accidentally talking too much about OP.

Wow. And to think, we once used to consider some of our elders 'adultier' adults....

I think your mom doesn't approve of your boyfriend. Helping your rival drive a wedge between you two is a pretty passive-aggressive way to express that.

OP here. I could understand not liking my boyfriend but my mom has only been in my life for the past four years. I personally think she has no right to butt into my life like that considering I'm an adult with my own house and I used to visit her twice, sometimes once a month. She met this girl at college a year ago. I personally think the girl turned my mom against me or my mom just liked her better than me but I don't know.

lemonlime66 21

Are you April? Weird coincidence if not, but if yes, you totally deserve it.

OP here. My name isn't April but I'm sure whoever you're talking about doesn't deserve for something like this to happen to her.

lemonlime66 21

Since your name is not April, I am sorry this has happened to you. It really isn't something that people should do, especially to their child and friend. There can be lasting effects that aren't realized by the other party. On the other hand, April, the girl that this has happened to recently in Tennessee, was 'harrassed' on Facebook by her boyfriend's ex, with the help of her mother and friend for things like duct taping her 'step' son to the wall, keeping said 'step' son from his mother, blowing the smoke from her pipe in his face, going to the bar every other night while leaving a 10 year old in charge of 4 other kids, and rubbing the face of the child in his soiled underwear when accidents have happened. I personally wouldn't call what they were doing harassing, more like letting her friends know what kind of person she is behind closed doors, but April probably would see it as harrassment. Before it is suggested, the police have been called, but tight friendships in a small community tend to lean toward the wrong side. Again, I am sorry this has happened to you, you probably don't deserve it, and I hope you can move past it without it getting to you. I also hope your mom and friend realize hoe shitty they are for doing this to you.

that's so wrong that your mom was in on this

jnugzzz 6

We definitely need a follow up. This is crazy! I'm assuming your mom probably hates your BF if she did this but that's not at all a good reason or excuse.

OP here. She acted like she liked him and acted like she loved having us around so this whole thing was a pretty big shock to me. Definitely wasn't expecting her to choose that girl over me but what's done is done.

keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer. lol Maybe that needs to be reversed here...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Lol y'all are tripping if you think this is bad advice, IJS. Or more likely, you just can't stand the fact I'm a Christian. Newsflash, tolerant college liberals: I'm allowed to be Christian. I'm not hurting anybody. And in America, we have a first amendment, constitutional right to free speech, expression (as long as its peaceful and doesnt break laws), and have the right to freedom of religion and religious expression- including on posts like these. If you don't like it, whatever, your call. But it's still sound advice, whether you like it or not

Or maybe nobody could be bothered reading that long ass post

People aren't down voting it cause you're Christian, the majority of the world is Christian, they're criticizing it because it's bad advice. No one deserves to be harassed and stalked no matter what they did, OP doesn't need to look at herself. The ex, friend and mother are completely at fault. We don't blame the victim, we blame the perpetrators 100%. They took things too far and caused this by being assholes, not the OP. The mother should also be treated equal in this situation, not get special treatment just cause she's her mother and get a pass and understanding. Sharing microscopic genetics and DNA suddenly makes you special? NO! You also included being non-religious in amongst being a bitch, cheater and having bad character. Making it seem like it's a bad thing and makes you a bad person, which it doesn't, and it definitely isn't something someone should be harrassed for. As for the first amendment, that gives your a right to freedom of speech and religion, yes. However, it only means the government can't punish you for what you say or believe. It does not mean you can't be criticized by other people for what you believe and say.

OP here. I'm not a Christian but I have tried to respect her. I've done a lot of bad things and I've tried to be a better person. There are things I still reallyyyy need to work on, I'll admit that. But my mom did this simply because she didn't love me. I don't love her either. But I was trying to. As for mental disorders, she has diagnosed bipolar disorder. As for her reasons other than not loving me ? It was mostly her desire to stay young, in the drama and to have more friends. I know this because she purposely used my last name when she started college so that people would ask her if she knew me. (My last name is uncommon and this was a local college filled with my old classmates) She made most of her friends that way. I tried to talk to her but she just kept lying to me and denying everything and then she just gave up. Also, I didn't sleep with him while they were still dating. I had zero interest in him until long after she and I stopped being friends. I even got her blessing. She said she was happy with her new fiancé. Apparently she was lying, lol

So if she doesn't share your beliefs, it's her fault?

Wow... That is one high, high horse you've got there. Yeah, people aren't downvoting you cus you're Christian. It's cus you gave OP some awful advise, blamed her for the abuse someone she trusted did to her, and then equated not being religious as a perfectly fine reason to ruin someone's life. You can't call someone a terrible person for having beliefs that aren't yours and then cry that other people need to respect YOUR beliefs. That's not how life works, cupcake. If you want other people to respect your beliefs, you need to respect theirs. Someone not being religious doesn't in any way justify her being tormented. Just as someone BEING religious doesn't in any way justify THEM being tormented. Like you said, it's not hurting anyone.

Wow, you must really be a terrible person.if your mother and your bff both hate you.

on what planet was this an okay comment to post