By Yo mom - 27/12/2011 07:12 - United States

Today, I was screaming at my neighbor to shut his dog up. After 30 minutes of bellowing, he yelled back that it was my dog that was barking. He was right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 678
You deserved it 55 044

Same thing different taste

Comments

ChronicBluntz420 7

That crunchy feeling you get when you are proven wrong..

It's people like you who allow Europeans to call us "stupid Americans".

Canadians also call you people stupid Americans :D

FYLDeep 25

Dumbass. If a dog is barking for a half an hour straight, that usually means it's time to go check what it's barking at. At that point you would figure out that it's your own damn dog pissing you off.

What you said is similar to another FML where a person is having fun with himself and his dog barked for 30 minutes. When he checked, some of his stuff was stolen. Anyone remember that FML? OP: Check and recognize your own Dog's bark. You never though what it could be barking about...

Ya I remember that one, funny as hell!

xk75 4

48- you know that your dogs bark nonstop sometimes and you ignore them? Your neighbors don't appreciate it. The fact that you KNOW it happens and do nothing makes you worse than the op, who was simply mistaken. Please be a more conscientious pet owner, and a better neighbor, and take the dogs inside when they bark "nonstop."

I've never understood why people think nuisance barking is okay. Go find a dog trainer who will work with you and your dog - it's a correctable behavior. Not easy to correct by any means depending on the age of your dog, but with the right trainer it could be done. How is your dog supposed to alert you that something is wrong if you ignore it because it barks ALL THE TIME?

txgirl09 5

On behalf of your neighbors who have to listen to your dogs bark: **** YOU. Just because the other dogs bark doesn't make it okay. You're still a complete and total asshole. Get a shock collar or *something* instead of sitting on your sorry ass declaring that you won't spend all day silencing your dogs. They're your responsibility.

blueeyedwolf 10

If you can't take care of your own dog and his nuisance barking, please for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT PROCREATE!

blueeyedwolf 10

I also have to say, that as someone who has bred and trained German Shepherds for a police department, you CAN train a dog not to nuisance bark. It is not that hard. #87, your comment about 'No amount of training will prevent that' is absolutely false. Instead of lying, just admit you are too lazy to train your dog correctly.

I think your "couldn't care less" statement basically sums up your situation. You can train a dog not to bark with other dogs barking. We have a Doberman that, while we have neighbors with yappy annoying little nuisance barkers, is perfectly polite in our backyard. It took a ton of effort on our part, but it was NOT impossible. Claims of the opposite are purely uninformed or lazy.

The doberman I referenced wad purchased as a puppy; I have, however, worked with doberman rescues before from very bad situations. It is not impossible. Start leashing your dog and taking it out when it needs to go to the bathroom, if you go outside and it doesn't go, bring it back in. It's like potty training a puppy, you have to start with the basics. Again, not easy, but not impossible.

A100893 30

Don't assume. It makes an ass out of.... Okay, I'm sure you know the phrase.

ikickgingers 15

It makes an ass out of....?? Finish it. The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes an ass out of all the eggplants on earth, of course!

DKjazz 20

You're a dick simply because you yelled at someone for a barking dog. For thirty minutes.

lwilso41 5

Why would you yell at him for half an hour? Couldn't you have just asked nicely?