By AOart1st - 21/11/2014 03:25 - United States - San Francisco

Spicy
Today, I was rock climbing. I had my equipment on and I saw a really cute girl. I went for the hardest climb in the gym, and while jumping up to grab the rock, I simultaneously farted, missed the rock, fell to the mat and broke my arm in the process. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 204
You deserved it 17 660

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hasn't FML taught you not to try dumb stuff to impress girls?

There are many important life lessons to be learned on FML. Going out of your way to impress someone will likely end in disaster.

Comments

Shouldn't the person belaying have stopped that?

hippo1234 19

not if you're bouldering, which he was if he jumped. dinoing is basically only done when bouldering, which means no belay.

Dinoing? Is this some sort of insult towards the dinosaurs being wiped out by an asteroid?

I really doubt the hardest wall in the gym was bouldering. OP was probably on a standard wall and was just jumping because he was out of his depth and/or figured it would look impressive. I'm guessing either there was no belayer because the rules were too lax or there was one and they weren't expecting OP to suddenly jump.

We girls are unlikely to be impressed by such stunts anyway. Guys who try to show off their skills usually look like douchebags...

This is a false statement; women find it very attractive that a man is willing to lay down his life (in the slim hope) that he will get the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Men will continue to go above and beyond until we find a woman who will reward us for our stupidity.

"This is a false statement; women find it very attractive" "Men will continue to go above and beyond until we find a woman who will reward us for our stupidity." A man trying to tell a woman what women think, wut.

#57, you can't really speak for all women. I'm a woman and have always found that sort of behaviour a real turn-off. Being himself and valuing my independence so I can get my own pot of gold - now that's hot.

juststephhere 23

Maybe next time just say hello :)

Yeah, simplicity is its own sophistication.

PSYqualiac 17

'I had my equipment on'. I'm assuming that he did have a harness on him

It's probably the hydrolics that would lower him down gently that are broken in this case

I've seen men waste their lives for a pair of ****. heal up and do what you do best.

girls 101 lessons??? sorry OP, hope u feel better soon

You better get the girl after that one.