By Anonymous - 10/04/2013 09:06 - United States

Today, I was riding a new horse when a lawnmower starting up spooked her. She jumped straight up in the air and I landed directly on the saddle horn. I can't walk or feel anything between my legs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 989
You deserved it 4 213

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Gack! We don't know the OP's gender, so it's hard to make a fitting comment. This is why we stick to cars.

Comments

skyeyez9 24

Horses scare me. They are prey animals and alot of them get spooked easily. I saw one drag an 11yr old girl to death. All because she asked her brother for a soda. When she opened the can, the noise spooked the horse and it took off running, with her foot stuck in the stirrup. Dragged her over a mile.

If she got dragged by a stirrup she shouldn't be riding a horse that easily spooked. That's why you have your heals down In the stirrups

redmane 21

She shouldn't have been making a noise like that near an easily spooked horse. When I was 10, a dog ran under the horse I was on and the horse jumped five feet in the air. On a trail ride, the same horse cantered down a steep hill and I was so small I fell off with my foot caught in the stirrup but since my cousin taught me emergency procedure, I got my foot out of it. It's very unfortunate that happened but safety first.

jisaac09 25

She didn't die because of that soda. She died because she was too inexperienced to ride that horse. If the horse was that spooky then she never should have taken her hands of the reins.

redmane 21

Put a child on an older horse. They know better. If the horse was just broken or middle aged then of course they're going to get easily spooked.

That doesn't mean that all horses are dangerous...I have been working with horses that literally way a ton for over a year. I'm still alive...Never been kicked, or injured. Just gotta know how to work with them.

skyeyez9 24

This was not my kid. She was a friend of mine's neighbor. I have no experience with horses and therefore had no idea of this horse's temperament, and that she was an inexperienced rider. And I know not all of them are like that, but that is the first thing in my mind is her getting dragged away and her body being flung around like a rag doll when I see a horse.

skyeyez9 24

It was her horse. Her parents had him for about 6yrs and supposedly never done anything like that before.

jem970 19

I know how you feel. When I was about 7 our friends bought a new horse and they wanted me to ride double with their son. They didn't know the horse had never done that and as soon as they set me behind their son the horse flew forward. The son and I knocked heads and I was knocked unconscious and had a concussion and many scrapes and bruises. All I have to say is that they need to know the animal. I have had damn near bomb proof horses before and that's what that little girl should have been on. Accidents happen. Also the experience of the rider is important. You don't put a little kid on a huge thoroughbred and say "hi ho silver!"

That would be a pudendal nerve injury. It's most likely temporary and should resolve in a few days. The pudendal nerve also allows for erectile function and sensation in the genitals. I do NOT envy you right now.

crazytwinsmom 25
expertsmilee 26

It would hurt either way yes, but I think it would hurt a guy just a TAD more.

Crazytwinsmom - Last I checked, the ******** has erectile function and sensation too.

RedPillSucks 31

Can you get ED as a female? Just asking, not challenging.

crazytwinsmom 25

Doc, I didn't know the nerve was called the same for both male and female. Learned something new today! Thx!

RPS - Not as such, as far as I know. But they are looking into using Viagra and its cousins for women too.

NickaPLZ 26

I was thinking of riding horses with my girlfriend this weekend, but I think I just made up my mind.

She can still. Long as you're hung like one.

Miss Noor, does my number two comment count?

That sucks OP. you may want to go to a doctor just to be safe!

titibug823 11

As a fellow rider, I know your pain...

I popped my cherry doing that. Thank God I was using an English saddle and not a Western saddle or if would have been a lot worse.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

I know the feeling, OP. fellow western rider.

titibug823 11

you mean hooves... their shoes aren't permanent and can be removed with farrier tools.

monnanon 13

horseshoes are nailed into the hooves. thats a lot more permanent than normal shoes