By Anonymous - 30/09/2012 06:29 - Norway - Oslo

Today, I was really impressed with the man I've been in a relationship with for over 2 years. He had finally really cleaned his apartment. Everything was washed and fixed, even my stuff was cleared from open surfaces. All so his lover would not find out about me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 957
You deserved it 2 471

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should definitely help him clean his apartment... ...by selling all of his shit before you leave.

Comments

perdix 29

Be patient, you'll have him back in a few weeks. You accepted him as the slob he his, but to impress the new lover, he cleaned up his apartment. Soon enough he'll decide it's too much work to keep this new girl happy, and return to you who lets him be his true slovenly self.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

You're probably being sarcastic, but I REALLY hope she doesn't take him back after that!

perdix 29

Sort of, but the OP's "relationship" is not well-defined. They are not married, and it is not clear that they are "exclusive." We don't know what the 2012 rules in Norway are. Years ago, people could casually date several people at once and then they would eventually agree to exclusivity. At that point, dating others would be cheating. Real relationships are messy and involve patience and accepting a certain amount of crap.

I'm norwegian and being in a relationship with more than one person is definitely not accepted here...

Sasha693 4

I think it can be a personal choice but the fact that they've been together for years makes me think that they are exclusive and his cheating. So I think her leaving him is the best option.

31- Actually, there are some places in the world where it's perfectly normal. Norway isn't one of them.

RedPillSucks 31

As long as all parties agree, there's no problem. But if you have to sneak around.... Problem!!!

Perdix- there is a reason this is on FML...it ended in FML, not Meh.

I like when people take Perdix's comments too seriously.

Try putting all his stuff away, into your fireplace.

At least you found out. Now go out and find somebody who deserves you. Good luck OP.

... And that's how you know when it's time to break up.

The funny thing is that his "other lover" could also be a man. Nothing to do here Vrooooommmmm!

Thats awesome that your cool with that, your a real catch!

BunchieRules 31

I don't usually do this, but: there should be an apostrophe for "thats", you used the wrong "your/you're" twice, and the comma should be a semicolon. Apart from that, the comment itself is just stupid.

rebel_belle1974 5

you should introduce yourself to her

MarisaCB 16

Trash it, definitely. Then leave.

Of course that solves everything. Destruction of property and possibly trespassing? Also, to everyone saying "sell his stuff" I would like to think that is illegal. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dead247 - Very well, I shall correct you. In every country on Earth there is a law that states it is legal to sell your significant other's belongings if he or she cheats. The specifics vary slightly from country to country, but the idea is exactly the same. It's true. Don't bother looking it up. Trust me.

MarisaCB 16

I suppose it's a tad rash... and illegal. But when you're angry, and there's that obvious poetic justice... you have to take the chance!

Trash it, and post pictures of yourself flipping him off all over the room.

Sorry OP Don't give him the satisfaction of a flip out. Buy a new hot outfit, get your hair done, stand tall & carry on. Plenty of fish in the sea.