By Dani_Rich - 16/02/2009 06:52 - United States

Today, I was pulled over by a motorcycle cop for speeding in a 25 MPH zone. As the cop was walking towards my car, I flicked my cig-bud out of my window. So, the cop did me the pleasure of writing me two tickets instead of one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 984
You deserved it 173 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In general, when I find out someone smokes, my respect for them drops. Hugely. Likely due to the fact that I've seen first hand, people I love dying because of it. Smoking to begin with is stupid. Speeding in a 25mph means you were in a residential area and likely there were kids in the neighborhood, again stupid. And finally, literring out your car window as a cop is walking up to it, stupid idea number 3. 3 Strikes and you're out. Your life is only "******" becuase of your own stupid decisions.

wtf_fml 0

duhhhhhh. seriously wtf how thick can you get.

Comments

Really, you can't judge a person for whether he's a smoker or not. And flicking cigarettes out of a car window - sometimes it's the only option. However. When a police man is ten feet away, and you're stationary, and he already doesn't like you... don't litter. Such common sense.

Lord, stop being a judgemental prick. There are plenty of you 'non-smokers' who litter. You're making such a ridiculous, bias generalization. I'm someone who will not litter my cigarettes. Even when on a long walk, I knock off the cherry and carry it til finding a trash can. And no, not all cars have ash trays. I keep a can of water in my car to put the butts into, but not everyone thinks that far in advance. Really, get your egotistical head out of your ass.

THANK YOU!! I hate when people stereotype all cigarette smokers into one big group; not all of us are the same.

Well duh. Thats what we all know as L-I-T-T-E-R-I-N-G. Which is illegal. Especially with Cigs. Who doesn't know that??

But even for those who don't think in advance, which in most cases would describe me, anyone with a little bit of knowledge would no not to throw there cig. out, in front of a cop. I don't ever use my ash tray in my car. To much effort. I just use it for flicking. I always throw mine out. But you just know not to do it in front of a cop...simple as that. I'm glad you got 2 tickets for stupidity.

If I could have, I would have voted "You deserved that one" more than once.

Were you trying to get another ticket?

During the summer at work we have to put out at least one fire every other day due to people throwing cigarette butts into the wood chips around the plants in the parking lot. You deserved the ticket.

clevelander 0

#5 you arent even close. Depending on the filter it can take just 10 months for a ciggerette to biodegrade, and if it doesnt have a filter it can take even less. I'm not a big smoker but I'll have a few on occasion and it is nasty when you see a lot of butts on the ground, but I am guilty of tossing one or two out the window as well. Anyone who has had a cig in their car or knows of a person who has any in their car ashtray knows they smell like total hell. Doesn't make it right, but I'm guessing this guy got pulled over was obviously a bit distrought about the whole thing, and absent mindedly flicked his cig without thinking. We all make mistakes, take it easy. Besides, there is always some boyscout troop, sorority, or prison jump suit ready to clean up a few miles of road, lol.

now there's one thing that bothers me, it's people who vilify smokers, now tossing the butt out was stupid, but everyone here i see is making it out to be morally offensive, i could say **** you for driving a car you're threatening my health when you idle next to me, or for being fat, it's terrible for you, why is it ok to go up to a smoker and call his habit disgusting but you call someone a fat **** you're the asshole. because of the social stigma we have with smoking is not reflected in our reaction to other vices. PS i know the guy did something stupid i just wanted to disagree with the haters

my weight won't kill you or start fires. i agree with you on the cars, though, that's why i don't drive.

omfg_creepers 8
gogogor 0

Patrol police are like predators looking to pounce on the weak and stupid. And this here is natural selection at it's finest.