By welp, time to become an assassin - 23/06/2013 18:14 - United States - Rowlett

Today, I was playing a video game that required me to hunt a few animals. My mom walked in, saw what I was doing, then went into her psycho vegan mode and started yelling at me. She basically grounded me for "murdering" pixels on a screen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 332
You deserved it 4 673

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is she a PETA enthusiast? If so, play a lot of Pokemon in defiance.

GetPuckedUp 3

eat at McDonlads just to spite her.

Comments

cottoncandymango 17

Your mom is obviously against violence... Whether if it's legit or not.

ginawater19 13

She's not against violence.. She's against killing animals HAHA

that is kinda.. weird. it would be even weirder if killing people in games were ok.

summerguy97 16

GTA Series, CoD Series, Mortal Kombat Series, etc...

RpiesSPIES 27

I THINK 13 means that it's weird if OP's mom is fine with him killing real people in a video game but goes berserk when she sees a virtual animal get slaughtered.

bunny409 14

FYL op. At least you're not doing it in real life.

Thejackel79 9

Duck hunt right? So much animal violence in that game.

I'm vegetarian and I spend a good deal of my free time playing video games where you shoot animals, fictional animals and humans alike. If she's raised you right up to now and you can distinguish between fantasy and reality then what you do in video games won't affect what you do in real life. Hopefully she'll understand when she calms down...if not, FYL and I hope she doesn't try to perma-ban you.

The first rule of vegan club is to always talk about vegan club

My mom yelled at me for playing the Walking Dead (TellTale) because she thinks it will turn me into a murder :/ I feel your pain OP

Why would playing a videogame transform you into a flock of crows?

I can understand why seeing graphic images of someone hunting might be disturbing to a vegan (or any animal lover for that matter), but that really does not excuse her inability to rationalize the fact that it's just a game, and that NO animals were harmed making it. I would even go a step further and assert that many animal lovers would rather have people playing hunting simulation games than hunting real animals for sport.

I don't blame her, I can't stand dead pixels.

Was it Cabela's big game hunting? I hear a lot of controversy on that game from vegans...