By Anonymous - 09/06/2009 07:24 - South Africa

Today, I was painting the garage door. After 3 hours, I finally finished the job. As I was walking back inside, accidentally pressed the button that opens and closes the garage door. Not only did the paint job get messed up as it went up, the paint also dripped onto my parents brand new car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 593
You deserved it 24 615

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maxson_fml 0

Couldn't you just have pressed it again to make it stop?

wow.. 3hrs to paint a garage door? lol.. anywho, YDI ^_^

Comments

Doesn't make sense. You put way too much paint on it then if it started dripping off. YDI for being retarded.

manoverboard 0

Why would they put their brand new car THAT close to paint?

if you were fast enough, the paint must have still been wet and you could've just cleaned it off with a clean cloth or something..

deaditegirl 0

I have to agree with #11 on this. YDI for not knowing how to paint, and for not thinking fast enough to press the button again and stop the door.

rebelchild 0

for the car....paint thinner. it'll take it off and not hurt the car's finish as long as there is clear coat. but use paint thinner, NOT lacquer thinner. for the door.....sorry bud. better luck next time?

That is an FML but...ur a clumsy ass for doing that!

Random_Poster 0

Fake. Why paint a metal door? nobody does that b/c it looks stupid. They come painted. Unless you're painting a wooden door, then FYL & your parents for having the money to buy a new car but not a good roll-up door.

1) Opening the garage door while the paint was still wet wouldn't hurt the paint job. Regardless if it's an old swinging wood door or a new steel roll-up, neither doors touch anything or bend in any way that would touch the painted surface to anything. If your door is scraping against something or buckling on itself every time you open it, then you've got something seriously wrong there. 2) Even if you were glopping the paint on, it's highly unlikely that you could slather on enough paint for it to drip onto the cars. If that were the case, you would have noticed the paint literally running off the door while you were painting it. It'd be like if you just took the bucket of paint and threw it on the door. FAKE or extremely retarded.

HelloNoora1 0

AND If his parents asked him to do it then they should have moved the car out of the garage

How do you accidentally press it? Dumbass. It's not a button that's easy to accidentally press.