By fuck you, Jeff - 25/04/2014 23:45 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I was out drinking with some colleagues, when one started ranting about some pretty sensitive subjects. There were some Latino guys nearby, and as soon as he said "I'm not racist, but..." I tried to casually get the hell out of there. We all got the crap beaten out of us anyway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 585
You deserved it 6 890

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chellybelly92 14

Yea...when any sentence begins with that statement it's probably extremely racist. Sorry you got caught up in that.

I would probably refrain from drinking with that colleague again.

Comments

baseballdude1283 18

Damn. Jeff must have said something super racist to get all of you guys beaten up. Maybe that will teach Jeff to be a little more conscientious with his"not so racist" comments. You know what mother always says, " If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all".

At least you tried to get away and didn't say anything racist

I kind of want to know what was said. A lot of people seem to confuse racism with discrimination and it interests me to see what sets people off.

I agree that was stupid of him but when someone says something racist about white girls, I don't fly off the handle. FYL and your colleague is a jerk but you should definitely report those guys.

NSN82 13

White girls don't get picked on as severely as minorities. I'm Mexican, but I was born an raised in the US. I can't tell you how many times people have said things like "Go back to your country." "We don't need you illegals in our country." or "Hey, do you have any uncles who could mow my lawn?" It gets old after a while and honestly I want to beat up all the people who say those things to me. It's hard being Latino in the US when you're constantly being disrespected and dehumanized.

The reason you can take discrimination with such apparent ease is that "white girls" are not a minority - they're a privileged group in society. It's easy to take one on the chin when your race is running the show.

A white girl will never face as much discrimination and racism in her own country as a latina girl (or any other girl of color, for that matter). I'm a latina, and I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy the things that have happened to me in terms of discrimination and racism.

Yah, but I don't live in my own country either. I live overseas. Perhaps I should have mentioned that at first, but I daily get watched with hate and yelled at. So Ik what you guys are all talking about so stop accusing me before you know the truth.

Oh and btw, even if they're jerks, that's still no reason to beat them up. Yah it gets old and it hurts but you get over it and move on. You can't solve your problems in life by just beating people up.

Whenever a statement begins with that, it's racist. I'm glad you tried to get out of that mess.

charlespainting1 6

The Latino guys just pretty much proved what he was saying, by turning into savage thugs and beating him up for simply SPEAKING his mind. Way to totally prove Jeff right. -__- It's a free country. People are allowed the right of free speech without the risk of bodily harm. The attackers broke the law and turned into savages. You should be pressing charges on the latinos. Granted, your friend isn't very smart, and being racist is a SOCIALLY bad thing. But it's not ILLEGAL. I wouldn't recommend being his friend, from a social standpoint. But I wouldn't go so far as to say hes some evil terrible guy who got you beat up. No. HE didn't get you beat up. The LATINOS got you beat up. With that said, most Spanish people aren't really that much more violent than whites, really. It's blacks which tend to be much more violent than the norm; and Asians tend to be much LESS violent than the norm (I'm a white guy living in a house full of chill Asians for a year; best place to room at EVER. trust me)

charlespainting1 6

And you guys can get mad at me for stereotyping but hey guess what? Ive lived in a house with blacks before. I got beat up and the blacks beat each other up almost every day. It was unrelated blacks too. And now at this Asian house ive never once seen a fight. They are so logical, calm and civilized. Sure it might be discrimination or stereotyping to just assume that, but honestly? I don't CARE. Its in MY BEST INTERESTS to stereotype where I live in the future. Never again will I room with black people- itll always be Asians. Now, are black people cool and fun to hang with? Sure. But living with them? Nah. Way too violent and uppity. Not a calm place to live.

"I'm not racist... But I AM xenophobic. MURICA!" That's how I imagine he finished that sentence.

He should have gorgon punched not you...well you can get revenge if you want to pretty easily

strawberrywine22 30

Your comments always seem to suck so much. Maybe you should work on that.

Im pretty sure thats called assault. AKA very illigal