By Anonymous - 13/12/2016 15:06 - United States

Today, I was on my way to work and someone cut me off. I then switched lanes and sped past the person as I flipped them off. What I didn't notice was that the person that cut me off was my boss. He's been shooting me dirty looks from across the room all morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 989
You deserved it 5 780

Same thing different taste

Comments

species4872 19

Satisfying was it? To speed past just to flip him off. Your as bad as each other. Glad I'm on the other side of the planet.

Be glad the one that cut you off wasn't an imbalanced person with a semi-automatic. The best thing to do is just RELAX. If it makes people feel better so be it for them...don't make a stupid situation even worse!

akelly727 0

If I were you OP I would apologize. Maybe he didn't realize how bad he cut you off or he did and he is a huge jerk, but regardless you still can take responsibility for your part. He is your boss and he can make you job very uncomfortable. I think showing some humility and apologizing would be very beneficial even if you think it is undeserved. What's more important to you, your pride or your job security? The last thing you want is for your boss to hold a grudge and look for any reason he can get away with to fire you.

SG44 14

I would've done the same thing. Your boss shouldn't be driving like an a-hole if he/she doesn't like being flipped off.

Why is it necessary to react like that? Maybe that person had a brief lapse in attention and didn't realize how badly they cut you off. Or maybe they were having a bad day, were distracted, and realized at the last minute they needed to change lanes. People make mistakes, that doesn't give you the right to endanger everyone on the road to "teach them a lesson."

I hate people like your boss, and all these comments of " you should have kept your cool" is hypocritical. Everyone has lost it at least once. FYL indeed.

This is exactly why I stick to insulting them from my car (only when they can't hear me) because you're bound to give the finger to the wrong person eventually.

I say YDI only because of the finger. As for switching lanes after being cut off, that would be a smart move if it did not endanger the OP or other drivers. If he decided to "speed up" but was within a reasonable speed like 5 mph to pass then yes, get away from bad drivers. If OP floored it on a busy road then no. The finger is how I feel it crossed the line because it could have been anyone, hence this FML post. We've all encountered bad drivers. I've watched bad drivers weave in and out and then get pulled over 2 minutes later. Also, there are too many undercover cops without lights on top of their car, 4 side view mirrors and tiny antennas to risk me to ruin my day over someone else's bad driving. Just my opinion.

Send him a letter of challenge to a street race!