By neelloc83 - 02/03/2009 14:22 - United States

Today, I was meeting friends for dinner at an Indian restaurant. I was waiting for the group to arrive and our table to be ready. An Indian man approached me smiling, so I said "We're not ready for our table yet". Then I realized it was my friend's boyfriend who I've met several times. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 087
You deserved it 68 071

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ooooooh thats sooooo embarrassing now youll never forget him again, though!!!

I think you could have gotten away with it if you said after "Not everyone is here yet." It would be even easier to convince him if he asked if you thought he worked there. "What? No! I'm just letting you know we'll be waiting a little longer."

Comments

not your fault they all look alike...jk it happens.

Wow, it never occurred to you that maybe Indian people ate at Indian restaurants?!?!?!?!?!?

I could have played that off easy, saying that I just wanted to wait for everybody else to get there first. You can do that even if he realizes what you said; just act like you're shocked he'd think that.

rawchelllll 0

I agree #16, you could have played it off. Or you could have just said "you weren't paying close attention and was daydreaming waiting for everyone to come, and oops, you're so sorry. Haha." :/ Not that bad. But still amusing.

lolPayal17 0

hahah, I'm Indian, and it's honestly not that big of a deal. I'd just laugh it off.

MrGlad 0

"Our tables not ready yet." You could have easily been said right after that, "...so we won't be able to order until our friends come, but please, sit down."

mrdecay 3

i'm indian and i've never been to an indian restaurant.