By noname - 07/11/2010 04:04 - Canada

Today, I was mad at my mother. Why? We went to parent-teacher interviews, and she told my math teacher that she should allow bathroom breaks because I have a "very heavy menstrual flow." My teacher suggested I eat more red meat. They got into a seven-minute argument about this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 130
You deserved it 2 801

Same thing different taste

Top comments

btnhdude 0

it will make fun of the blood and make it feel bad about being a liquid, causing blood type OwNed 2, it's really not a rare blood type but I don't have it.

Comments

lol tell your teacher unless they have a medical degree they should keep their opinions to themselves

jocelyng_fml 0

29 I think 23 didn't say she because it is unknown if op's teacher is male or female

jocelyng_fml 0

never mind ignore that comment

adi33 8
mintcar 9

This isn't too bad. Menstruation, it happens. My flow used to be extremely heavy as well, which worsened my already anemic state. Anyways, FYL for having to deal with it. Having to wear thick overnight pads is no fun.

The red meat thing is a myth - totally unrelated to menstrual flow. I'm vegetarian and I have the lightest, least-painful period of anyone I know.

dynky 3

yeah me too. it's just a really light flow of blood once every 6 weeks or so.

lindsaysue 4

The 'myth' doesn't say your period gets lighter with an increased amount of red meat. The red meat has iron, which your body loses during a period. But there are plenty of leafy greens high in iron, so those should probably be eaten instead..

dynky 3

more red meat will reduce your chance of anemia, but won't lessen the blood flow. your teacher is an idiot. if you're needing bathroom breaks more frequently than what you're allowed to take, then you need to switch to a higher absorbancy of towel/tampon, use a menstrual cup (they have a larger capacity and don't leak even when full), or see your doctor.

agreed with #22, get something actually bad to complain about? how longs your class? I doubt it's any longer than 2, 2 and a half hours max, maybe. even if you had a "heavy flow" it doesn't come out like a tap honey.

it doesn't sound like op was complaining about it- her mom was. knowing moms, they can think of this shit all on their own. lol.

I also think teachers should allow bathroom breaks- when they don't, it goes wrong very quickly. I had a teacher try to make a kid wait once until the bell rang and the kid vomitted everywhere... ugh. or you have kids that pee themselves- also bad. depends on the age of the kids of course.

at least your mum didn't have the same conversation except with a male teacher. after all your teacher is a woman and will understand if you need to use the bathroom a few times all you need to do is pull her aside and explain, otherwise what your mum did was spot on ydi for being a whiny little cow

oh and at least you don't have it really bad so bad in fact you actually need to be carried because you've fainted/been sick and can't move from the bathroom like some girls.

Wear a tampon AND a pad. I haven't had a period in almost 2 years but best I remember periods are only at the heaviest for a day or two? Im sure you will survive..

sallen0046 4

You've obviously discussed the lack of bathroom breaks and the fact that you feel you require them, otherwise your mother would have no knowledge of the fact that said breaks do not exist. If you didn't want her to say something about it, you should have either not complained about it or told your mother you did not want it discussed.

get the shot. it stops most women from having a period.