By mitchell904 - 18/04/2012 23:51 - United Kingdom - Newport

Today, I was issued with a £60 fine for being parked in a supermarket car-park for more than 3 hours. I work there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 346
You deserved it 2 474

mitchell904 tells us more.

I will definitely be fighting it! There's no way I'll pay it. The reason I got the fine is because the car park management is outsourced to another company, and they've just switched to an automated system which identifies the registration number of the cars when entering and leaving. Whilst I have a little permit sticker on my windscreen - which has been fine for the past 2 years - the system doesn't see it. Needless to say I'll be going in to speak to someone today... And walking.

Top comments

Are you supposed to park in an employee area or something?

forthelove82 7

Those extreme shoppers must get fined all the time if you were only there for 3 hours.

Comments

I will definitely be fighting it! There's no way I'll pay it. The reason I got the fine is because the car park management is outsourced to another company, and they've just switched to an automated system which identifies the registration number of the cars when entering and leaving. Whilst I have a little permit sticker on my windscreen - which has been fine for the past 2 years - the system doesn't see it. Needless to say I'll be going in to speak to someone today... And walking.

I would fight it too! It looks to be a mistake due to the new system changes, like you said. Getting it nixed shouldn't be a problem but I never assume anything. Wouldn't be the first time a company took advantage of someone just for $$. Good luck!

>Implying they are taking advantage of him for money. Sounds like the company just made a mistake. Easy enough to fix, I would think...

Those police are not nice. Tell your manager or find a new job.

N9ne_ZxxZxxZ_ 3

just because you work there doesnt mean you can park anywhere you want, especially if there are signs indicating otherwise

fuckmebutdontfml 16

Guessing u don't get employee of the month..

fishereric 1

I just love reading an obvious FML that SuX for the OP, as in "FYL... yet, at this point, 112 people have voted "YDI". O_o ~eye twitching from annoyance~ Twitch... Twitch

most big supermarkets have employee car parks. Especially if free parking is not available elsewhere. I'm guessing that one of those two situations apply to you, either that or they would issue parking stickers, so YDI.