By Anonymous - 22/12/2015 09:26 - United States - Natick

Today, I was in class and I smelled what I thought was month-old trash coming from a student in front of me. I politely ignored the smell, only to realize a few hours later that the persistent smell wasn't coming from every student in my university, but was from my shoes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 228
You deserved it 8 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kuibe 18

You think you would start to realize it was you once multiple people smelled awful.

That terrible moment when you realize "whoever smelt it dealt it" is more than just a childish rhyme.

Comments

juturnaamo 29

My first thought was toe shoes, but they could have been normal shoes that got wet and mildewy or they stepped in dog poop.

MonstreBelle 28

Don't quite understand how your shoes smell so terrible... Do you not air them out? Do you not wear clean socks?

some people just have stinky feet. I can air out my shoes, wear clean socks, and wash my feet everyday and my shoes still smell.

Aren't there products that exist to help with such problems? My brother has the same issue, but he uses a type of foot powder that masks the smell. It doesn't work completely, but there's barely any existing stench.

I can say from experience that sometimes, no matter what you do, your feet stink. I have that problem and I ALWAYS wear socks, I've tried powder, spray, scent pads and nothing works. Maybe it hides the smell for a while, but my feet always stink. When I'm in the shower, I always take a couple of minutes just to clean my feet and rid them of the smell. So really, no need to hate on Op because it just happens.

Clean those shoes ASAP OP! Or if you can't do that then maybe a new pair is in order.

And that's why you don't get your shoes from the neighbour's rubbish bin. Jk :-P

I'm also curious as to how they smelled that bad. Did you step in something? Wear dirty socks? Wear no socks at all?

thaqueen_fml 15

Typically when a bad smell follows you wherever you go, it's you.

corky1992 33

How could your shoes smell that bad and how did you not notice when you first put them on before going to class?

gobiteme2 34

I see you are a student at university I’m going to assume you might be on a limited budget. Try putting baking soda in shoes. Baking soda is a lot cheaper than shoe deodorizers.