By WalkTheOtherWay - 01/02/2015 02:29 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I was in a heated debate about climate change. I got so flustered that I forgot the word "volcano" and ended up calling them "exploding mountain things". End of the debate. Shame. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 668
You deserved it 7 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah, brain farts. They tend to happen at the most convenient times.

The small twisty windstorms and big twisty windstorms can be problems too

Comments

at least you are the last person to end the debate...

mojobanks 8

Common mistake OP. Mixing up volcano and Voldemort. The real V word not to be named.

global warming clearly exists and affected your demeanor.

Best comment here, I hope you're aware that global warming does exist, and is an issue, but people think it's not because politicians step on this *very real* issue for support, then generally don't do anything about it.

And also humans are like, "Just because I stop using as much CO2, doesn't mean it will have an effect." And they continue with their lives. But people should know one person does count, please don't be like the person I just talked about.

kittykath32 22

Fiery, death, exploding mountains and giant frozen water meltdowns are a problem.

Exploding mountain thingies can be super bad. The firey lava stuff that comes out of them can cause mass destruction

I haven't decided if you deserve it or not... Were you arguing that climate change does exist or that it doesn't?

Volcanos are part of the anti-climate change argument.

The real question is: Who gives a shit? Climates been changing for billions of years and will continue to as long as we have an atmosphere. The idea it's a new or man made phenomenon is just ignorant and self indulgent :3

Actually, the idea is well-supported science.

Since you were against climate change, you would have lost the debate anyway.

I'm still looking for the part that says OP was arguing against it.

Yep, plus considering OP was mentioning volcanoes(which contribute to climate warming). I think it's more likely OP was on the "It's real" side.