By madbirthdaymomma - 16/05/2014 03:15 - United States - Roswell

Today, I was hosting my daughter's thirteenth birthday party. One parent decided to stay at my house, the only parent to do so. The entire night she critiqued every decision I made, from the films to the cake. When it was time to open presents, her kid was the only one without one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 825
You deserved it 4 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I admit I'm not the most polite person, but sometimes you just need to tell someone to shut up and leave.

Guess who isn't being invited back.

Comments

You have the perfect opportunity to critique her right back. Sometimes people deserve a taste of their own medicine.

"you breathe in THAT MUCH oxygen! darling all the stars breathe in 90% CO 8% oxygen and only 2%shutthefuckup" best advice to give her

schhichick 14

Because it's actually a good pun that hasn't been overused. Next question!

Is that the next question? I can't really answer that...

I don't know why, but I totally read that in the voice of Stewie from Family Guy.

She sounds like a bitch. But it doesn't matter as long as your daughter had a good time.

I probably wouldn't have let her stay for long. It is your kid's party, not her's.

When time for her kid's party, you do the same.

sunnysideup25 7

Bleh.... Sounds like someone already done spent there 1st of the month money.

First of all, just because someone is on welfare, doesn't mean that they are rude or stupid. Many things can happen that put a person into a position where they need a little extra help. Likewise, people who aren't on welfare aren't guaranteed to be polite and intelligent. Your comment isn't funny, and also shows how ignorant you are. Secondly, it's "their", not "there". If you're going to act like a prick on the internet, please learn basic grammar. Have a nice day!

Exactly! I am currently on assistance, due to the company I worked for closing and living in a small town. One of my friends just got married and not only did I have a gift for both of her showers, but a kick ass gift for her wedding (gotta love a good sale). Another friend, not on assistance, showed up without a gift and disappeared from the reception, after the supper, for a swim. She and her fiancee missed the first dance and cake cutting, because it was their "weekend away".

kellyem2 20

Wow, what a charmer. I feel sorry for her kid who's probably embarrassed by her mother's behavior on a regular basis.

She only stayed to see the reaction of her kid not having a gift

She sound to be a mom who is all talk but no help. Sorry, people who forget presents are not fun.

Did your daughter enjoy having her friend there at her party to play with? That's what really matters.