By Anonymous - 14/05/2009 17:13 - United States

Today, I was home on leave and having breakfast with my parents and my younger brothers. I guess I got too used to the rougher language around the Army barracks where I'm stationed. At the breakfast table I asked my Mom to "pass me the f***ing butter". FML
I agree, your life sucks 484
You deserved it 181

Top comments

HAHAHAHA nice one. I was at my mom's and accidentally said her cat is so ******* cute.

That almost happened to me too when I was back on leave a few months ago.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

why would u say that in the first place

Ha and then his brother said "and pass the goddamn bacon *****!"

why did you respond to 1 with nothing to do with one's comment? thats retarded

wowthatshorrible_fml 0

I know I think people do that just so there comments would be seen first

jisaac09 25

No grammar nazis mess with his post. Deep down a little part of me would like to hope that there really is a bacon ***** for all of us.

@232 There is... but she's a little porky.

xxBFMVAAMIWxx 18

It's obviously only a problem if swearing is taboo in his household. In mine, swearing is commonplace. For example if I asked my Mum to "pass the ******* butter" she would without a second thought. It's just the household

That almost happened to me too when I was back on leave a few months ago.

number1dukie 0

I know. when I got on leave, I couldn't stop cussing

minidinosaurgoes 9

well thank you both for all you do for our country

armyofficerwife 0

My family is mostly military so I got used to the language. It's not that big of a deal. As a parent you just have to make sure that the kid know they aren't supposed to say it. I'm a full supporter of the military and you guys deserve all respect.

usnwife 18

My husbands navy, and we have 2 toddlers. Right back from deployment it was pretty bad, but he's used to "work language" and "home language" now. I don't mind it, but I sure as hell don't want my 2 yr old picking it up!!! Once they are old enough to understand I won't mind, but in the parroting stage...nope! Op, hope your younger brother doesn't try to be exactly like you! If not, no big deal.

lmmmr 0

You lived in your parent's house for at least 18 years. You should be able to remember common courtesy. YDI.

w_haleigh2090 1

So true! And why are all the comments about having manners getting all the negative votes? What has this world come too???!!!!

What do you mean, "at least 18 years"? He could've left home early or even not have lived with his family during his childhood...

HAHAHAHA nice one. I was at my mom's and accidentally said her cat is so ******* cute.

Haha thats hilarious, your mother deserves it for doing a terrible job in raising you because you joined the armed forces.

Rawrrr14 0

lmao. I'm not in the army and I still talk like a trucker :-] Yeah, my parents don't know where they went wrong..... But at the same time, they're just words.....

ikr people say that cussing is a sin, but they were made up by a 6 year old and the rumor just spread

stormthief 10

yaaaa...i know what you mean... every time i say a swear word my parents go ballistic.... then my dad says one and no one blinks an eye.... i don't get it!!!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

my 2nd grade teacher made me wash my mouth with ACTUAL soap and let me tell you something, soap does not taste good

pinkducttape 0

#6 wet24_7 just from your screen name its obvious that your mother is still kicking herself for keeping you.

lol FYL for having parents that care about that shit. Oops. I cussed. My bad.