By jennisyn - 02/05/2017 08:33 - United States - Newland

Today, I was happy to find flowers at my desk when I came to work. Then I discovered all the women received flowers, while the men received bonus checks. Yes, because women should be paid in flowers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 081
You deserved it 763

jennisyn tells us more.

jennisyn 11

This did happen on Wednesday, April 26, aka Administrative Professionals Day. It's a service company and it just burned me up processing bonuses for the men while the women got flowers. It made the ladies feel unappreciated. The work takes everyone. As for it not appearing until Sunday, there is clearly a lag in the time in uploading a FML and it being published.

Top comments

That... sounds like it could very well be illegal? Or need taken up with HR at the very least.

"Sorry, the HR department is just for men. You'll have to speak to your husband about your concerns."

Comments

Please, PLEASE tell me you're all suing.

Gwengreen 6

Sadly I believe this. The sexism in the workplace is all to common, especially whine come to pay. Sorry OP. I know it is tough to stand up and do something more than submit to FML but I hope you do something to change this.

Not really. Wage gap is a myth in all western countries. Men tend to work more and take less days off and should therefore get paid more. If you look at the same job and the same hours worked men and women get paid the same.

awildwhisper 30

why isn't there an angry face, I'm pissed. You should take that up with HR

Wow, is that even legal? It's bad enough that woman make less than men (like every so many cents for each dollar a man makes), but that's just sick. I'd look into legal consultations for this.

The wage gap is a myth created and perpetuated by people who don't know the difference between active wages and lifetime earnings. While the flowers thing, if true and not justified by a difference in positions (commissioned sales work vs hourly paid secretarial work, for example), is bad, it's not compounded by an imaginary sexist sleight.

Send management a message that you want to receive bonuses just like the men. Write the message in flowers.

This is for all the men that say '' things are equal now, stop complaining''

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Uh, no. Labor board. File a report with the state's labor board, the EOE, EEOC, anything. Document EVERYTHING. This is illegal. Get as many of the other women in the office to do the same thing. File jointly or separately, it doesn't matter, just do it.

jennisyn 11

This did happen on Wednesday, April 26, aka Administrative Professionals Day. It's a service company and it just burned me up processing bonuses for the men while the women got flowers. It made the ladies feel unappreciated. The work takes everyone. As for it not appearing until Sunday, there is clearly a lag in the time in uploading a FML and it being published.

TeaRex__ 23

Did any of the women complain about not receiving bonuses?

Arokthis 21

Please tell us you all are taking this to HR, FB, the labor board, and anyone else that will listen.

Most posts usually take a couple of days to be moderated and then published. Congrats on it being as fast as it was though. Sorry about the crappy situation. Hopefully you and everyone else will get what you deserve.

Another reason I'm happy to be union.