By blahbags - 06/04/2009 13:39 - United Kingdom

Today, I was going on holiday. As I was checking in my bags, I said to the really cute steward, "I think I'm overweight." He told me about discounts for customers of 'larger proportions.' I was talking about my suitcase being overweight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 897
You deserved it 17 805

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maxson_fml 0

"Today, I was working. I was checking in a girl's bags, and she said that she thought she was overweight. Trying to do my job, I said as politely as I could that we have discounts for customers of larger proportions. She was talking about her bags, not herself. FML"

Easy fix: "I think MY BAG is overweight." No misinterpretation if you add the noun of the thing you were talking about. Otherwise I'd have said the same thing to you since you used the 'I am' Think you deserve both a FML and YDI

Comments

What does it matter that you thought the steward was cute? Do you honestly think he would meet you for a quickie in the bathroom? Also, if he actually told you about the discounts for overweight passengers, you're probably on the bulky side. Try losing some weight.

LLsuperfly 0

Might as well get the discount and don't be so sensative... surely you cannot be shocked to learn you are overweight....

#10 - In the event of a "water landing", fat people will be used as shark bait and flotation devices (fat is less dense than water), hence the discount.

I agree with #8. I'm guessing the steward felt terrible if you said that you were talking about your bag afterwards.

choppedNskrewed 0

Agree with #10, lol #13 Maybe he meant a discount on the seat for the other cheek?

average_girl 0

hahahah i love stories like this one!! some person ends up getting insulted because he was misunderstood!!! hilarious!

alex_vik 0

YDI for making it seem like you were talking about yourself. I would've assumed you meant yourself as well.

You say you think you're overweight. He's trained to upsell. What do you think he's going to say?